PDA

View Full Version : Takin My Drive Test Soon. Any Tips?

Jonessoda27
03-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I bought my 3 gee early so i still have to take my driving test. Yeah Yeah im still only 16. 17 in May. Do you guys have any tips that i should remember? I.E. Things that will get me an automatic failure? I don't know im stressin :crying:

MrBen
03-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Don't merge in front of someone and make them take evasive action. That's what made me fail my first driver's test.

k-roy
03-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Things to fail
1. If you hit anything like a pedestrian or a curb
2. When you come to a stop sign or light make sure the front of your car is even on the line, or if there is no line pull the front even with the stop sign (thats the only thing I was maked down for, stopping too early out of caution)
3. Don't speed, use turn signals, accelerate slowly.
4. Don't stall it out or chirp the tires if its a stick. Actually find a car with an automatic for the test, its easier
5. before you go make sure all the lights/signals and the horn works, make sure the tags are not expired, just make sure the car you are in does not have any issues that could impair the test, like having a tire low on air and you drift over a line or something like that.
6. Do not use the brakes hard, brake a little early and use slight, but firm pressure to some to a smoothe stop.

BITESIZE
03-28-2004, 09:32 PM
remember to drive really really fast.

MattsAccord
03-28-2004, 11:21 PM
The best thing I can tell you is don't get nervous about it. Good luck. :cheers:

my86dx4dr
03-29-2004, 01:13 AM
when i go to take the drivers test, will not having backup lights affect me? thats the ONLY thang that is worrying me, .... that and, i like to shift at about 45-5200rpm normaly, so shifting at like 3grand will be a little weird

86LXItooFAST4me
03-29-2004, 07:50 AM
if you can't parallel park or do not know how, I would recommend a little practice on that

Vinny
03-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Don't yell things like "Would you turn you stupid Mother f*%$er", "The lights green grama, move your ass" or the old " You got the arrow, do ya want the dayum Indian that shot it too?"

MrBen
03-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Don't yell things like "Would you turn you stupid Mother f*%$er", "The lights green grama, move your ass" or the old " You got the arrow, do ya want the dayum Indian that shot it too?"

LMAO :rofl:

sporkHSP
03-29-2004, 04:05 PM
check your blind spots, dont change lanes until you turn your head and check around, the mirrors only show so much, and make sure you check hard for oncoming traffic at stop signs... if "through traffic does not stop", let them go even if they arent really close to the intersection... i failed automaticly twice, once for each of those... but i got a 94 the third time, so HA!

PortugalFocus
03-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Buckle up... people forget that..... it's an automatic failure before you even take the car outta PARK.

cubert
03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
hoooly shit...the indian thing...ahahahahaha......that and reading kroy saying "hit something like a curb, or pedestrian" really sent me off the deep end

lightbulblxi
03-29-2004, 05:14 PM
if u come to a stop sign, dont look, then go and stop, without looking again, it failed one of my friends, also, one of my friends couldnt even take the test because his window tint was too dark.

Silver86LX
03-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Obey all traffic laws and drive with confidence. You don't want to seem nervous because the instructor might think you lack cofidence behind he wheel.