PDA

View Full Version : just got JDM power folding mirrors

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Sorry 2loudnproud. Im sure its the same guy. I didnt snipe you and I gave you over a day to out bid me. Thanks for the competition though. Should be showing up anyday know. Ive got the JDM corners, JDM B20a, the turbo project, rims, stance, neon, system. Should be pretty nice here real quick. Cant wait to show you ghettoaccord. You know your like 2 streets down from me know. Congrats on the mod spot mike

blazin3gen
03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
dude u ass lol sweeeeeeet

good luck on the JDM scheme :D

k-roy
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
You don't need to apologise, you got them fair and square.

I can't wait to see them installed.

MrBen
03-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Wow way to go mike, way to go!!! I can't wait to see it! You me and erics86dx should all have a mini-meet this summer. I've been working on my car a lot in the recent weeks... I did the rear upper balljoints and cleaned drum brakes.. if it's sunny out, I'm probably out tinkering with it!

zero.counter
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
I was looking at some JDM folding power mirrors from the silvia's but decided on the C-Wings ones from importfan.com. For the 240 BTW.

Nice find bro! :)

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2004, 09:30 PM
cool cool. Ill have to come help one of these days if I ever find my tools again. Ive lost like half ofd them in the move. Minimeet sound good. Im sure we could get a few more local guys also

Busted_Blue
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
is this the ebay one with 1989 honda accord power folding mirrors? I though 1989 meant the same as 90-93 mirrors, oh well. GREAT FIND, be sure to show us your project when it is all done!

MrBen
03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
I've got to do my front upper balljoints and strut rod bushings... I don't have much of any experience with the front end stuff so I could use some help then! I miss having my tools. I can't do jack without them.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-28-2004, 10:23 PM
I didnt know they made such a thing... does it involve adding a switch somewherE? I might have to get ahold of some of these.

mykwikcoupe
03-28-2004, 10:44 PM
if your talking about the mirrors there is a switch built onto the existing controls. If your looking at the power mirror controls and the top slide that lets you choose which mirror your controlling, its smaller and theres a fold button there next to it. This is the 3rd set in 5 years Ive come across. good luck man. Im still looking for another set

Vinny
03-29-2004, 05:12 AM
I looked at those right after they were listed and even emailed the guy about them. They look pretty hacked up wire wise. Hopefully you can get them to work. Someone tell me what the big deal is about power folding mirrors anyways. I mean how often does anyone actually fold their mirrors in?

NXRacer
03-29-2004, 08:36 AM
some people will argue its not about the usablility of them, its the fact they are hard to find JDM parts.

its mostly bragging rights.

Vinny
03-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Jared and I were wondering why in the hell they need folding mirrors even in the JDM world. If people park THAT close to each other how do you get between cars to open your doors?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-29-2004, 01:07 PM
So you were the one that bought them for $190 ? Damn I hope the work out for you.

lightbulblxi
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
sound cool, got any pics?

Bloodlust
03-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah i gotta see this. pics when u get them.

MrBen
03-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I'll snap some pics for you guys with my buddy's digital cam. I dont think Mike has one.

mykwikcoupe
03-29-2004, 08:28 PM
nope no digicam Im apoor bastig. Im thinking Ill wire them up to a NC contact with a B+ wire feed rather than the fold scitch so when the car is on they fold out. Turn the car off they fold in automatically. sound cool. Im actually going for the JDM scheme with the coupe and turbo project so All I need know is th 88-89 tails and the digital dash with climate controls. Anyone have any they want to sell. Ill pay asking price below 500 for the dash components.

Come on over one day ben Ill have them ready for you.

The harnesses are cut but e left a few inches to splice onto. I wouldnt expect him to take apart the whole dash to get the entire system wries and all. As long as he left the harness clips on for future use Im good

Vinny
03-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Why is it that I just laughed at that????? You paid 190 bucks for side mirrors but your a poor bastard who can't afford a digital camera :dunno: Just kinda made me snicker :)

MrBen
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Why is it that I just laughed at that????? You paid 190 bucks for side mirrors but your a poor bastard who can't afford a digital camera :dunno: Just kinda made me snicker :)

Everyone's priorities are different :D

mykwikcoupe
03-29-2004, 08:51 PM
well theres the new house, baby on the way. The top shelf home theater setup with Definitive technology speakers bp2002TL. The other cars and such. Id love to have one but it seems like with digcam the market gets updated so much faster than most other ewlectronics. I was looking at a sony carl zeiss for like 700 but now its like 400 and its only been 4 months. Id like to get cheapo but cant make up my mind on that either. Just mostly cant deside

You forgot the poor bastard remakr but offer 500 for a dash cluster

Vinny
03-30-2004, 04:47 AM
I'm just fackin with ya. You HAVE to get a digital camera with a baby on the way. They are a must

shane_lxi
03-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Well imo, if you take the time to find and install all the jdm accessories and parts, you deserve bragging rights. A full JDM car is often times far more interesting to see then a car with a body kit and custom paint, but a truly well done jdm, that's nice. I am interested in seeing how it turns out, not many jdm's on here.

mykwikcoupe
03-31-2004, 06:16 AM
well itsa not full just yet. On the wifeys sedan Ive got JDM corners,the JDM B20a thats going in there this summer. On my coupe Ive got the DM B20a, JDM corners and now the power folding mirrors. I need 2 sets of 88-89 tails one sedan and 1 coupe and another set of power folding mirrors. Id love to find 2 sets of digital dash kits but I think haveing just 1 is asking too much. Id be in for a mini meet this summer as long as time allows and you dont mind looking at a car under construction. Mike

Cheeseburger
03-31-2004, 06:24 AM
Well imo, if you take the time to find and install all the jdm accessories and parts, you deserve bragging rights. A full JDM car is often times far more interesting to see then a car with a body kit and custom paint, but a truly well done jdm, that's nice. I am interested in seeing how it turns out, not many jdm's on here.

thats very true

mykwikcoupe
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
if only I could afford true spoon rims to match. Is there anything else JDM for these cars I havent listed yet that anyone can think of? Interior pieces, trim?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, I have found a JDM importing company that says they can get the JDM corners and power mirrors for me. Now, I have got a good picture of the coner lights, but I need a good picture of the power folding mirrors and the switch thing for inside that comes with them.

I am going to then email him back, and find a price on these. And BTW, he is also going to garuntee the parts so that they aren't all fucked up. Only thing that might be bad is the shipping costs, but we'll see.