PDA

View Full Version : Here's some pics of my Hatchback in progress

catalin
03-29-2004, 12:30 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/accord.htm

BITESIZE
03-29-2004, 12:34 AM
You facking biotch!!! THAT'S TITTIES, I was wondering where you went, I remember seeing pictures about 6 months ago...Your car is going to be mint! Get some more pictures!

smufguy
03-29-2004, 04:19 AM
did u just get a pacesetter for your efi dude?????? you should have sandblasted it and coated gunmetal ceramic too. But all i have to say is, first thing ur done with it, take it to a carshow. I would say 100% chance of you winning something big. Your car is just kickass man.

PS. I know i mentioned this in one of your other threads, but the color, i love it.

Cheeseburger
03-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Nice Car Man Did You Do The Baody And Paint?

jayp6969
03-29-2004, 05:01 AM
car is looking mint...pure car show material

SteveDX89
03-29-2004, 06:27 AM
It looks good. Props on the thorough work. It's a great job so far.

neoblue89lxi
03-29-2004, 06:49 AM
ABsolutely beatiful. It is great to see that much work put into a 3gee. Great job and get more pics of the interior like the dash.

PortugalFocus
03-29-2004, 02:37 PM
gun metal is te way to go with motors....... that engine bay looks wicked clean......

i.c.
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
dude...your interior is bitchin'

catalin
03-30-2004, 12:07 AM
did u just get a pacesetter for your efi dude?????? you should have sandblasted it and coated gunmetal ceramic too. But all i have to say is, first thing ur done with it, take it to a carshow. I would say 100% chance of you winning something big. Your car is just kickass man.

PS. I know i mentioned this in one of your other threads, but the color, i love it.

Yeah I cheaped out a went for the Pacesetter. What I was going to do is cover in that material tape stuff... can't think of it what's it's called right. It's made of somekind of cloth anyways I procrastinated too long and was hoping that it wouldn't look so bad. Oh well... I'll redo it one day.

You're too kind man. You'll have to let me know if you're judging a car show one day, I'll be there.. :)

catalin
03-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Nice Car Man Did You Do The Baody And Paint?

The only thing I did to the body iis neglent and scratch it up before I dropped it off at the body shop. :)
I really didn't do anything other than mount the mis-matched bumpers.. DOH!

catalin
03-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.. It feels great to finally see this car come together. It's been pretty well a year now since it died and I took it off the road.

Cyric_accord
03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Looking good :thumbup: keep up the good work

jigga225
03-30-2004, 01:30 AM
man its looking damn good,
i got a question, how did you re-do the headliner, i mean what did you cover it with?

smufguy
03-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah I cheaped out a went for the Pacesetter. What I was going to do is cover in that material tape stuff... can't think of it what's it's called right. It's made of somekind of cloth anyways I procrastinated too long and was hoping that it wouldn't look so bad. Oh well... I'll redo it one day.

You're too kind man. You'll have to let me know if you're judging a car show one day, I'll be there.. :)

They are called "Header wrap" catalin, they are supposed to lock the head from the header and make the temp of the engine bay a lot less colder. Their purpose is for high revving and turbo cars cause their head production under combustion is crazy. So urs would be more for hiding ur pacesetter :D.

Oh by the way, im not too kind man. I just recognize people's hardwork. And i do that by following up on their work. Not a lot of people spend money and time doing it RIGHT. but you are doing it. If i can, i would have went that route, but money is something i dont have, but soon i will.

Just wait, when i go turbo, you will get my DC header. I will leave the O2 sensors in em if you want, and guess what, it will be within a year if i can fathom :D.

wprocomp
03-30-2004, 09:54 AM
man thats awsome...thats alot of dedication to that car and it shows...a turbo would make it even better!

Bloodlust
03-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Damn I actually do like that color alot. Interior looks great man.

NXRacer
03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
thats not bad. Thats a pretty bright ass orange though. I think a carbon fiber hood would set it off nicely. Looking foward to pictures of it completed!

catalin
03-30-2004, 03:28 PM
man its looking damn good,
i got a question, how did you re-do the headliner, i mean what did you cover it with?

Headliner material... :)

Any auto upholstery should have a matching color for your car. An upholstery shop did the job for me, but it's a simple process. All you need is some spray glue and some patience.... clean hands too. :)

catalin
03-30-2004, 03:33 PM
They are called "Header wrap" catalin, they are supposed to lock the head from the header and make the temp of the engine bay a lot less colder. Their purpose is for high revving and turbo cars cause their head production under combustion is crazy. So urs would be more for hiding ur pacesetter :D.

Oh by the way, im not too kind man. I just recognize people's hardwork. And i do that by following up on their work. Not a lot of people spend money and time doing it RIGHT. but you are doing it. If i can, i would have went that route, but money is something i dont have, but soon i will.

Just wait, when i go turbo, you will get my DC header. I will leave the O2 sensors in em if you want, and guess what, it will be within a year if i can fathom :D.

You're going to send me your header?? Cool :) thanks man. Everyone's my witness.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Car looks pretty cool man. Do you have any bigger/better pics of the interior? And just out of curiosity... how much did it cost to get the seats recovered?

catalin
03-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Paid $1900 cdn for all seats, door panels, headliner, rear quarter panels and center armrest.

catalin
03-30-2004, 07:03 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1300.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1301.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1302.JPG

smufguy
03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
You're going to send me your header?? Cool :) thanks man. Everyone's my witness.

hehehehe, more like sell it to you if you cant find one and beware, im going turbo pretty soon, possibly within this year end. God knows. :D

catalin
03-30-2004, 08:39 PM
I'll make sure I roll up my windows if I see a turbo Accord kicking up the dust... :)

Speaking of which who's from the Portland area on here???

87hatchback
03-30-2004, 09:54 PM
sweet ride and like it was said before, extreme dedication. i hand it to you. one hell of a big thumbs up from me another hatchie enthusiast. do i see accord of the month in your future? i think so!!!!!!!

johndej
03-31-2004, 03:21 PM
nnniiiicccceeee.................. isn't that the same color of pearl's lude?

88accordhatchdx
03-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Sweet hatchy, great interior too

89cordlx
03-31-2004, 04:39 PM
how much did that all body work and paint cost you?

BITESIZE
03-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Dude, even your seat belts look mint! God damn it more pictures!!!!!!

88Ex-i
03-31-2004, 11:12 PM
I defently see 'accord of the month' once this is done.....I can't wait to see it in person, Catalin.

catalin
04-01-2004, 12:52 AM
how much did that all body work and paint cost you?

Too much.. spent about $5000 for body work paint and some parts.

fuzzy audio
04-01-2004, 01:29 AM
only one thing i can say...

SHWEEEETTT!

89cordlx
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm, well I am trying to guage how much new paint, and some rust repair will cost me.

Elijah
04-01-2004, 12:10 PM
I'am gonna be down with the turbo cars this summer.I want to go to a vac meet.R u gonna go to any we should try and hit the same one.

A20A1
04-01-2004, 02:30 PM
They are called "Header wrap" catalin, they are supposed to lock the heat from the header and make the temp of the engine bay a lot less colder. Their purpose is for high revving and turbo cars cause their heat production under combustion is crazy. So urs would be more for hiding ur pacesetter :D.

I wouldn't get header wrap... it never looks as nice as when it's first put on, it will smell funny as it gets used. But if you insist on getting it maybe wrap only half of the top section of the header... just the part that is readily visable... you'll get some heat protection and have a cleaner look.

Also fix any oil leaks from the valve cover before you install the wrap, you don't want oil on the wrap.

bobafett
04-01-2004, 03:07 PM
hey catalin im from vancouver washington, i work in portland!

are u around this area? i would love to check out the hatch sometime... its cool to see another well done 3g!

catalin
04-01-2004, 08:32 PM
hey catalin im from vancouver washington, i work in portland!

are u around this area? i would love to check out the hatch sometime... its cool to see another well done 3g!

I'm in Vancouver Canada. Well be comnig down to Portland this weekend and hoping to check out an afterhours party.

Wood9669
04-01-2004, 08:33 PM
i am completely jealous.. i wish i had the skill to do that kind of shit, my accord looks like crap and i cant even think up where to begin and if i could i would never be able to do that kinda stuff...
EXCELLENT work man
:werd:

whats this bout washington??? i live north of seattle..

catalin
04-01-2004, 08:33 PM
I'am gonna be down with the turbo cars this summer.I want to go to a vac meet.R u gonna go to any we should try and hit the same one.

Send me a message when you're coming out and I'll do y best to be there.

catalin
04-01-2004, 08:35 PM
i am completely jealous.. i wish i had the skill to do that kind of shit, my accord looks like crap and i cant even think up where to begin and if i could i would never be able to do that kinda stuff...
EXCELLENT work man
:werd:

whats this bout washington??? i live north of seattle..

Thanks man... I guess I should point out that I'm 31 and been working on cars since I've 16. :) Just takes patience a bit of cash and the skill will always come as you go.

smufguy
04-01-2004, 10:16 PM
damn........ you are 31???? i would have never guessed. You are still a younging at heart huh? Modding cars and havin fun with them. Damn. you outta be making one hella cool dad. :) :thumbup: cant wait to see the finished car man. Any body kits planned? I dont really encourage body kits, but seems like it would be a good plan. Also, You know what would be fucking hot on your car???? A real carbon fiber lip and accents that look hot as hell. :D

88accordalltheway
04-01-2004, 10:30 PM
clean as f**k. Keep up the perfect work!

catalin
04-01-2004, 11:09 PM
damn........ you are 31???? i would have never guessed. You are still a younging at heart huh? Modding cars and havin fun with them. Damn. you outta be making one hella cool dad. :) :thumbup: cant wait to see the finished car man. Any body kits planned? I dont really encourage body kits, but seems like it would be a good plan. Also, You know what would be fucking hot on your car???? A real carbon fiber lip and accents that look hot as hell. :D

Have toy'ed with the idea of making somekind of a lip since I had two bumper covers in garage for a while. I did eventually give up though since I just didn't have enought time.. wasn't worth the effort at the time. I'm going for more of a stock look right now until I get pretty well of it together. Maybe next year I will look into a lip, something different. Not sure.
I have always wanted to do something like this and I'm finally making it happen.

A few years ago I went at it with a Datsun bulletside p/u but at the time I started my career and ended up buying a new Jimmy. The Datsun gathered dust in the garage until my dad got pissed and scrapped it.. :sad2:

One of my installers has two really nce 77-79 civics done up real nice. Him and his wife really inspired me to do something to this Accord.

adams86lxi
04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
dude awesome work man! love it!

Wood9669
04-02-2004, 07:56 PM
out of curiosity, roughly how much is it going to / has cost ?

and just to say it a second time, your car looks AWESOME... i looked at the pics a 2nd time and... im insanely jealous.., your car looks better than new.

catalin
04-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I've posted some costs but with the wheels I just picked up I'm at about $16000 spent since I bought it.

catalin
04-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Here's a couple of more pics, one with my girlfriend in it. :)

http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1342.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1341.JPG

BITESIZE
04-06-2004, 11:54 PM
That's Fucking Titties!!!!!!!

BITESIZE
04-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Let's see some more!!!!!

catalin
04-07-2004, 12:06 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1333.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/IMG_1329.JPG

BITESIZE
04-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Show some completed interior and engine shots!

Cyric_accord
04-07-2004, 12:14 AM
I think Bitesize is in love :lol: :)

BITESIZE
04-07-2004, 12:15 AM
What makes you think that!?!?

89cordlx
04-07-2004, 04:33 AM
those are some nice motegi's

smufguy
04-07-2004, 06:28 AM
holy shit, they are exactly the same kinda rims i was gonna buy for my car, except they were gonna be gunmetal with silver lip. Dude, ur car is beggin for a drop and whats up with the old fart can? and u let your cute gf sit on ur car? dang, u hope her sandals did not scratch the paint. Oh yeah, your gf and your care are friggin cute. Awsome man. where do you live again?

catalin
04-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Thanks smufguy, I live in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada.
Old fart can is exactly just that, about 3 years old and will most likely be repaired soon. Same can be said for the bumpers too, they really don't match so I'm not too worried about them for now.