PDA

View Full Version : 88 Lxi Bumper Light Clear In Five Min

88ebrake
03-29-2004, 10:06 AM
It Took Me A While To Figure This Out But U Dont Have To Take The Light Out To Fix It Take A Flat Head Screwdriver And Look At The Side Of The Light U Can See The Seal Between The Light Cover And The Housing Pry It Off Slowly Till It Pops Off (dont Do It Fast Or It Will Break ) Then When U Get It Off The Is A Piece Of Orange Box Around The Bulb Using Ur Index Finger And Thumb Push The Sides Of The Box In And It Will Pop Right Off Then Get Some Cylicon Glue Put It Around The Bead Of The Housing Push The Cover Back On (you Must Do This Or It Will Get Mouister In The Light And Will Blow Bulbs) Just Got Done With Mine I Put Some Streetglow Hyper Blue Bulbs It Looks Bad As Hell Tell Me How Urs Looks

HostileJava
03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
It Took Me A While To Figure This Out But U Dont Have To Take The Light Out To Fix It Take A Flat Head Screwdriver And Look At The Side Of The Light U Can See The Seal Between The Light Cover And The Housing Pry It Off Slowly Till It Pops Off (dont Do It Fast Or It Will Break ) Then When U Get It Off The Is A Piece Of Orange Box Around The Bulb Using Ur Index Finger And Thumb Push The Sides Of The Box In And It Will Pop Right Off Then Get Some Cylicon Glue Put It Around The Bead Of The Housing Push The Cover Back On (you Must Do This Or It Will Get Mouister In The Light And Will Blow Bulbs) Just Got Done With Mine I Put Some Streetglow Hyper Blue Bulbs It Looks Bad As Hell Tell Me How Urs Looks

Yeah but you might as well take the extra 30 sec and pull out the one screw that holds them in and do it the right way.

DanLXI88
03-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Do you think you might have problems from the COPS on the blue bulbs ? Do most people keep them white or do they add amber bulbs ?

Elijah
03-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Mine have been blue for about 3 years now and problems.

88ebrake
03-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Im Sure The Fuzz Wouldnt Approve

ivanfbi
03-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Im Sure The Fuzz Wouldnt Approve

Can you hit caps lock next time?

Bigmaxxin
03-30-2004, 05:13 PM
where is this screw, i cant find it do you have to take off the bumper to get to it? cause the bulb is gone in one.

88ebrake
03-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Just Do It Like I Said Get A Flathead And Pry It Cause I Looked And Looked And Found No Screw Just Do It Like I Said Then Cilicone Them Back On

AD9SloAccrd
03-30-2004, 07:05 PM
you have to pull off the inserts under the turn signal, then look straight up under the turn signal and you can see the one screw holding the housing in.

88ebrake
03-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Im Tellin U Though It Works Fine Just Popin It Off I Did Mine And It Looks Good

AD9SloAccrd
03-30-2004, 07:17 PM
but it takes you two seconds to pop out the inserts and unscrew the single screw holding each in, also there is less of a risk of cracking the lens if you pull it out and do it

Busted_Blue
03-30-2004, 07:28 PM
88ebrake... dude can you PLEASE stop writing with the first letter capitalized? It's hurting my eyes. I did the corners by taking them out and slicing the silicone. The best way would be to heat it up ie. oven, heatgun, blowdryer. Well do you have pics?
Here cops will pull you over for turn signals that arent yellow/red/orange. Luckily the stock bulb in there is rather yellowish and so far no problems. :)

88ebrake
03-30-2004, 07:41 PM
blow dryer for what mine had a platic orange box arond the bulb it poped right off

HaccordR89
03-30-2004, 09:14 PM
he's saying to get the silicon off the lens, but that screw is way to easy to find and just take off to not do it

BMS
03-30-2004, 09:24 PM
This is the most pointless semi-argument ever.

88ebrake
03-30-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah the screw is easy to find

Bigmaxxin
03-30-2004, 09:54 PM
i found the screw, and popped it off, its ok looking, but what i really want to do is tint the parking lights, cause that would look sick/.

HaccordR89
03-31-2004, 09:55 AM
i just changed my bulbs and it looks good, and then used a silver peice of vinal, or whatever color your car is, and put that over the orange to cover it, simple and looks good, i would post pics but i don't have a digital camera. everyone that's seen it has had to look close to figure out that it's vinal and not paint.

momo8517
03-31-2004, 11:40 AM
mmmm...
I dunno, here in NYS, the cops will pull you over for anything that doesnt look stock. I.E. when I bought my clear corner lights, I actually got pulled over and warned because the white blinkers were supposedly illegal...He told me I had to buy amber bulbs and then get the car inspected. (he did'nt take away my inspection sticker or anything...so i didn't do that part over...

My advice: if you go clear lenses, get amber bulbs, or else you might end up in trouble.

On a side note, the only reason I bought the clear corner lenses was because the previous owner of my car replaced the bulbs by prying off the covers and gluing them back on. Long story short, they fell off. Just do it the right way.

soljaboy2000
03-31-2004, 05:53 PM
I have blue ones, no problems so far