PDA

View Full Version : Wing on a HB

HostileJava
07-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there has put a wing on there HB, it looks like it could be tough to find one that would work since the area between the end of the back window and the back of the cas is so small to begin with and then you have the wiper taking up the middle so you'd have to find somthing that would fit over it or somthing that would sit behind it.

toastyghost
07-12-2002, 06:15 PM
I think a flush wing would be best for HB apps... one that doesn't stick up and is attached all the way around. That way you're using as much space as you can for mounting and it looks better on a hatch IMHO. (i am not a ho)

Maybe one of those top wagon wings would work? Wagons with wings look gay, but the spoiler itself could be kind of cool on a hatch.

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
07-12-2002, 06:20 PM
actually i've always wanted to see a hatch w/ an aluminum drag style wing and a roof wing attached to the top of the hatch glass to where its almost flush w/ the roof, i think it would be awesome

Inabj2
07-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
actually i've always wanted to see a hatch w/ an aluminum drag style wing and a roof wing attached to the top of the hatch glass to where its almost flush w/ the roof, i think it would be awesome

YOu must be kidding me right?

toastyghost
07-12-2002, 06:25 PM
:rice:

hondaman87
07-12-2002, 08:37 PM
here is w/ a wing but the best one is the touring wing

HostileJava
07-13-2002, 05:58 AM
Does that wing fit over your back wiper or did you take it off?

hondaman87
07-13-2002, 10:25 AM
on that one I had to take out but w/ the touring wing you don't have to

i've put that wing on another car and I had to make a spacer

hondaman87
07-13-2002, 10:27 AM
see

toastyghost
07-13-2002, 01:50 PM
That's not too shabby. I think the touring wing looks better in general, not just on the hatch. (I'm getting a universal JSP GT when I'm done with my custom kit and get my rims wrapped)

HostileJava
07-14-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by hondaman87
see

That looks really good, whats the name of the wing and manufacture.

foxracer22
07-14-2002, 03:11 PM
I gotta aluminum wing on my hatchback Lxi, ill try and get some pics up as soon as i can....it looks good

87DXHatch
07-14-2002, 09:33 PM
How about a just plain spoiler? Has anyone got a spoiler on their hatchback? I want to get one but I don't know how it would end up... I wonder if one of those spoilers off 80's mustangs would work... or Dodge Daytonas...

Why is it that everytime you think of something cool to do to your car, you have to invent crazy/ghetto ways of trying to accomplish it :D

dXsquared
07-16-2002, 06:05 PM
you should see my spoiler! SUPERRICE to the rescue!:rice: :gay:
i made it from plywood and cardboard. I made it to look like an APACHE wing. i wanted to see how it would look on my car. the car is a total beater(400 buck car with a 3000 dollar stereo!) i have had it on for a week. i have hit 175 kph and it still sits there. i think it is destined to stay. (it only is epoxyed to the hatch lid!?) oh well!

HostileJava
07-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
you should see my spoiler! SUPERRICE to the rescue!:rice: :gay:
i made it from plywood and cardboard. I made it to look like an APACHE wing. i wanted to see how it would look on my car. the car is a total beater(400 buck car with a 3000 dollar stereo!) i have had it on for a week. i have hit 175 kph and it still sits there. i think it is destined to stay. (it only is epoxyed to the hatch lid!?) oh well!
I need Pictures.:D :D :D :D :D