PDA

View Full Version : Help Deciding on Alarm

BDaccordguy
03-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Alright, I am looking into getting an alarm for my car. I am trying to budget myself to around $150 and ive looked at Alpine, DEI, and a few others i cant remember. Since i know nothing about alarms, what would you guys suggest is the best alarm for that price?

BKKloppenborg
03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Alright, I am looking into getting an alarm for my car. I am trying to budget myself to around $150 and ive looked at Alpine, DEI, and a few others i cant remember. Since i know nothing about alarms, what would you guys suggest is the best alarm for that price?

I use viper alarm, i like it alot it works well for me. For a older remote (2 button one) I think i payed around 100 dollers for it at my shop. The newer alarm buttons with LCD screen and all that extra stuff will be extra though. But you dont really need it, just keep it simple. This is the newer verson on mine http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=VIPER850 And the newest version is out of your price range i cant find the one i have though sorry. Hope this helps.

DanLXI88
03-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Base your decision on what features you want. Any Alarm that is a name brand if installed professionally should give you long service with no problems. Allot of people make the mistake of hooking a complicated alarm up incorrectly. IMO Pick a name brand alarm with the features you want and get it installed that way if something acts odd a week from install it's under guarantee. Good luck!

NOAHS88accord
03-29-2004, 05:06 PM
AUTOPAGE

Good brand,
I got one, don't remember model # but it has the lcd screen, remote start, glass sensor, microwave sensor, shock sensor, and a bunch of other shit.

I got it off of ebay for 125, its sitting at my parents house right now in a box with my brand new KONI's and my ractive coilovers.