PDA

View Full Version : A/C compressor model mixing up.

AC439
03-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Guys, here's another headache I'm dealing with - A/C compressor.

I have a ND compressor (definitely not Kehin). They come in two flavors - 10P15E and 10PA15E. Somebody sold me a reman 10PA15E. My car has a 10P15E. I'm really short on money so I'd like to be able to make use of the compressor I've got. The reman compressor doesn't come with the manifold (the rectangular block fits between the body of the compressor and the suction/vacuum fittings). The manifold on my original compressor is smaller and it doesn't look like it will fit the reman compressor.

Here's what I'm thinking - Go to junkyard and get a manifold for the reman compressor and fit the suction/vacuum hoses on it so I can use the reman compressor.

Questions:
(1) Will the suction/vacuum hoses from a 10P15E compressor fits the 10PA15E manifold???
(2) Are both ND compressors' mounting compatible??? In other words, do I need to change the mount to fit a 10PA15E compressor???

Any other suggestions? (Unfortunately, returning and replacing the compressor is not an option)

Thanks.
- Alex

A20A1
03-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Hmm I know there are slightly different mounting backets for the A/C compressors... but the holes on the block itself are the same.

AC439
03-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Hmm I know there are slightly different mounting backets for the A/C compressors... but the holes on the block itself are the same.

So, are both ND compressors sharing the same mount or each of them has it's own matching mount???

shepherd79
03-29-2004, 05:23 PM
the mount should be the same.