PDA

View Full Version : Idles high...how to adjust?

whyterice
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
On the LX-i model, where/how do I adjust the idle? Also, would some other problem cause it to idle high? It idles around 1500 rpm and I think it needs to be around 800 rpm. Any tips greatly appreciated. The haynes manual says to disconnect and plug up some vaccuum lines but that does not sound right to me.

BMS
03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
You disconnect some vaccuum line before you adjust the idle, the book is right. Do what it says and see what happens. There are plenty of other people that go by that book and haven't had a problem yet.

bobafett
03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
you turn the screw clockwise and tighten it to lower your idle. you will need a standard scewdriver, and the screw is the big wide on on the left side of your throttle body.

LX-i BOY
03-29-2004, 07:56 PM
you don't happen to have a picture of where that screw is to be exact do you?
thanks

whyterice
03-30-2004, 01:55 AM
or a photo of what vacuum lines to disconnect and plug?

shepherd79
03-30-2004, 04:19 AM
well, turning down the idle will fix it temp. you need to figure out what is the cause of high idle.
check the ECU for codes. it is under the driver seat. look from behind (there is small window you have to pop).

whyterice
04-03-2004, 05:37 AM
well, turning down the idle will fix it temp. you need to figure out what is the cause of high idle.
check the ECU for codes. it is under the driver seat. look from behind (there is small window you have to pop).

Is there a list of ECU codes any where? Also, b4 I adjust the idle, I am going to change the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor to see if that improves any thing.