PDA

View Full Version : ride stiffness and i have a prob

jugglaccord17
03-30-2004, 12:38 AM
ok guys. i have a problem that i cant seem to figure out. i put 17 motegi mr7s on my 89 lxi accord sedan. i tried to align it cuz it was way out of wack, and they told me i was 3 inches off on the drivers side front. what the hell is the problem here? plus i just purchased dropzone 2.25" springs and wonder what strut i should go with. i want a sort of stiff ride but wuth a caddy feel and low looks. but why is the front so off? y is my steering wheel cocked almst vertical?

Busted_Blue
03-30-2004, 12:43 AM
did you bother to even mark where your mounts where when you changed springs?

jigga225
03-30-2004, 01:35 AM
didi you put the springs on yet?

shepherd79
03-30-2004, 04:31 AM
plus i just purchased dropzone 2.25" springs and wonder what strut i should go with. i want a sort of stiff ride but wuth a caddy feel and low.

well if you want caddy feel you went with wrong springs. they are stiff, very stiff. you will rattle your brain out. anyway, about the struts you need to support them. the only way you can support them if you go with revalved Bilstein. but i don't think even revalved bilstein will hold up to the stiffness of dropzone springs.
my choice would be Intrax springs with Tokico struts. it will have smoth ride and it will be stiff enought to take sharp turns.
no matter what you do, get ready to spend about $600 on lowering your car.

jugglaccord17
04-22-2004, 04:35 PM
i found out what my prob was. the damn front strut ans spring were busted. broken in two places. i dont know what the previous owner did but damn. i just spent 180 bucks fixin it that i really didnt have. oh well. im gettin dropzone struts and springs fopr 200, so its all good, lmao.