PDA

View Full Version : Les Schwab Night Shoot (Civic)

shane_lxi
03-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Got bored so I decided to do a night shoot in the Les Schwab parking lot after hours. Not much since the last pics I posted, just a good wash, and I put in the hood pins. (I hate them, but I had no other options :( )

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/3157/lsnightshoot2.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7163/lsnightshoot3.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/8224/lsnightshoot4.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/5899/lsnightshoot5.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/9066/lsnightshoot6.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/200/lsnightshoot7.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7440/lsnightshoot8.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/124/lsnightshoot9.JPG

That's it. There is a lot of dirt on the bottom of the muffler (missed a spot :P ) but oh well. Didn't have much time to wash it cause I had to go to my Grandpa's funeral. Oh well, there they are, enjoy.

BITESIZE
03-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Les Schwabb boy!!!! I'm an Albertson's boy!!!! Kinda dark, but looking good...i like the gunmetal rims too.

k-roy
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
WTF is Les Schwab?

shane_lxi
03-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Les Schwab is a west coast tire dealer. I work there. We do alignments, suspensions, and custom wheels too. Pretty popular over here though, I can see how you guys wouldn't know what it is, it is only over here in the west.

BITESIZE
03-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Les Schwab is a west coast tire dealer. I work there. We do alignments, suspensions, and custom wheels too. Pretty popular over here though, I can see how you guys wouldn't know what it is, it is only over here in the west.

Same with Albertson's. :owned:

Cheeseburger
03-31-2004, 06:46 AM
never heard of Albertson's and Les Schwab

Vinny
03-31-2004, 06:47 AM
I thought Albertson's was a grocery store chain

Cheeseburger
03-31-2004, 06:48 AM
thats what i thought also

k-roy
03-31-2004, 07:00 AM
No, but im sure they go through a ton of rice.

shane_lxi
03-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Albertson's is a grocery store chain isn't it? I have never heard of a tire dealer by the name of Albertson's... maybe it's like Early Tire, just a smaller chain that is still building itself up. Oh well, back on topic :P.

DanLXI88
03-31-2004, 08:22 AM
Looks Nice Shane the hood pins are a big azz improvement over the ghetto bungees. You have yourself a very nice looking Civic man keep it up !

shane_lxi
03-31-2004, 08:47 AM
lol. Yeah, I figured even the rice pins were better then the bungee chords. I had no other option though.

Busted_Blue
03-31-2004, 11:24 AM
looks good. I dont exactly dig the tails like i said before but to each man his own! Keep that sucka clean till its the age of the accords now and you got yourself a good clean classic.

Elijah
03-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Looking good.I have one ? thow.Do those red H's make ur car faster?LOL

Oyvind Ryeng
03-31-2004, 12:24 PM
No offence, but that are the worst nightshots I've ever seen in my career as an amateur photographer. Here are some pointers to night-photography:

-NEVER use the flash, never. (You see that fugly reflex in the licence plate?)
-ALWAYS use a tripod as soon as it starts to get dark (because of the long exposure time, you cant hold the camera still without a tripod).
-Forget about taking pics if it is pitch-black.
-Be extremely careful with the white-balance-setting (easy to mess up the colors).
-Try to find an area where you can capture the lights from the scenery in the car (to illuminate the shapes of the car).

Here is a picture I took outside a car-dealer here in Tromsų, it was dark as hell outside, and I had to take the picture trough the window, but it turned out fair anyway:
http://www.oyvindryeng.net/skyline_hos_iwex.jpg

Bryan
03-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Ummmmm Oyvind that's indoors with lights. And nice civic by the way, the hood pins aren't that bad, they could be worse.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I was was not sure as to if I should post that picture or not, since it is a really unfair lightsetting compared to the pich-plack Civic-pics.

Bryan
03-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Umm before your description of the picture it says, yo were outside and it was dark as hell, so where's that picture?

blazin3gen
03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
seriously shane i cant see shit........

:D

Oyvind Ryeng
03-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Umm before your description of the picture it says, yo were outside and it was dark as hell, so where's that picture?
Yes, outside it was pitch-black, but there was enough light inside the window to get a decent picture of the car; just too bad about the dirt on the window. But as I said earlier, you can't compare this picture to the shots of the Civic, apparently the local lightsettings were as sent from Hell - and impossible to work with.

The Civic was a nice car, tho'. Just to bad about the taillights - you can't go five minutes without seeing those damn Lexus-lights on some car.

EDIT: Here is a picture I took of a friend of mine, posing with his 1985-something Ford Granada 2.3 V6; as you can see there is the same problem as with the Civic-pictures, the foreground is very bright, overshadowing the rest of the image. Ofcourse I already knew this before I took the picture, but I diden't have the tripod with me, plus it's hard to get the person in the image sharp as he would move a little during the 3-second-plus exposure time needed.
http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/oyvindryeng/granada.jpg

shane_lxi
03-31-2004, 10:07 PM
seriously shane i cant see shit........

:D

Lol, That norweigen Fag beat you to it, I htought for sure you'd be the first to give me shit for the night pics, lol, jk norweigen kid. Yeah, I took those pics with our new digi cam (some fugi film thing my mom bought me) I still don't know how to use most of it's settings. Also, I was a little drunk at the time (lol) and I forgot about our security cameras at schwab's. My boss was laughing at me today, because he saw the video, and I guess I was actin' all wierd, and pissed on the alignment shop's wall. He wasn't mad, just said to watch were I piss next time :D. lol.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Shane, don't take this the wrong way; I just wanted to give you some pointers on how to take better pictures. I am terribly sorry if I have made you angry. :(

By the way, I am 20 years old, and not gay.

Oyvind Ryeng
03-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Oh, and please remove the "And I iz a ghey Norweigen Kid :D." from your signarture, I never said that, and I find it offensive.

BITESIZE
03-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Wah Wah Wah, norwegian dude, America Rocks!

Oyvind Ryeng
04-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Well, America is ok, I guess, but what does that have to do with anything?

shane_lxi
04-01-2004, 08:05 AM
lol. I was ust jokin' around Oyvind. I will take the iz ghey from my siggy for yah :D.
And if you were trying to give me pointers without being offensive, abetter way of wording it would be "No offense, but those night shots could be a little better. I can give you some pointers to make your night shots look a lot nicer" then show your techniques. I know I need the pointers, but it's a little lame to say "Those are the words night pics I have ever seen in my experience as an amateur photographer."

Bryan
04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Yah I still haven't seen a picture of Oyvind's picture of the pitch black....So as of right now I still think Shane's picture is way better then yours. And by the look of that one guy flipping me off with his car that picture is shit too....sorry man someone had to say it.

Oyvind Ryeng
04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
And if you were trying to give me pointers without being offensive, abetter way of wording it would be "No offense, but those night shots could be a little better. I can give you some pointers to make your night shots look a lot nicer" then show your techniques.
Agreed! I am certin I could have expressed myself better than I did; sorry 'bout that.

Yah I still haven't seen a picture of Oyvind's picture of the pitch black....So as of right now I still think Shane's picture is way better then yours. And by the look of that one guy flipping me off with his car that picture is shit too....sorry man someone had to say it.
I think my English skills are about avarage, but I have stared at this centence for five minutes without understanding what you are trying to say. Would you please rephrace that, so that a poor Norwegian n00b can understand it?

Anyway, there is no way a picture of a car taken where there are no lights can turn out good. I would advise going to a well-lit parking-lot (or another location with good lights) to shoot the car.

However, as I'm sure you all know, the human eye is good at finding the balance in the colors it sees. The camera is not; it has to be told and taught what the current lightsetting is like; warm or cold? A parking-lot with yellow lighting is warm, and another one with super-white fluorecent lights are cold. That means that if you mess up with the white-balance-settings you can end up having the super-white-lit picture end up green (!), and the yellow-lit picture red/orange! The Auto-setting for white-balance is fair in the daytime, but in the night with just artificial lights all around, it *will* mess up half the time. That is why it's important to be able to "read" what kind of lights the location has, and choose the right means to compensate for it. Oh, and using the flash with the "warm" white-balance will make the light from it look blue. Granted, you can edit the pictures in Photoshop to somewhat find the right color/white-balance, but often you end up doing more harm than good.

Bryan
04-01-2004, 06:09 PM
About my re phrasement....what do you want me to do send you a dictionary? I said for your rephrasement - I haven't seen your picture of the car in pitch black, so as of right now Shane's picture is better then yours since I haven't seen your photography ability. And the picture with the guy flipping me off isn't a good picture at all and I think Shane's pictures are better then the one you took with your friend. For any more help on reading or vocabulary I would be happy to help just IM (AOL Instant Messanger) or PM me at your convienence.
Bryan.

Oyvind Ryeng
04-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh, I see! Thank you for clearing that up for me, Bryan. First of all, I did not take that picture to show off my photography skills (if anything, that picture makes me look like a bad photographer) or to compete with Shane. That is just a random night-shot of my friend and his car, if I wanted to I could take a picture ten times better than that; it's just a question of finding a location that gives sufficient lighting.

By the way, my camera is a Canon PowerShot A60, witch cost me approx $300 when I baught it in the spring 2003. But as I always point out, the camera stands for like 20% of the picture, the rest is 60% skill and 20% luck. It's very much possible to take lousy pictures even with a Canon EOS300, and good ones with a $20 Wal-mart-camera.

Here is a picture I took into a mirror, illuminated by a flashlight (!):
http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/oyvindryeng/canon.jpg
(Exposure time: 0,25 secs, aperture: f/2.8, ISO 50, black/white)

shane_lxi
04-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah. I don't want this to turn into a 'bash the norwiegen' thread, so I am going to start a conversation about cameras, lol. :D. Here are my camera's stats.

Fugi Film 'FinePix' 2650:
- 2.0 mega pixels
- 3x optical zoom
- 2.5x digital zoom
- 1.5" LCD Monitor on the backside
- Records movies too
- 1.92 million recorded pixels

My Mom bought it for me. It was $250. I like it, but I am still learning how to use all the stuff on it.

Oyvind Ryeng
04-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Canon PowerShot A60:
-1600*1200 pixels max resolution (1.92 mill. pixels effective)
-35-105mm lens (3x optical zoom), aperture f/2.8 - f/8.0
-Shutter speed: 15 secs - 1/2000 second
-Burstmode: 2,6 pictures per second, 6 pictures max in buffer (in 1600*1200)
-Also records movies, max 3 mins long, 320*240 @ 15 fps.
-1,5" LCD-screen
-Weighing only 315 grams /w batteries

Great compact-camera, but my next one is going to be a Canon EOS300D.

gekko
04-01-2004, 11:17 PM
just gotta tell about my camera to .. i got my canon EOS 5 stolen so i got myself a NIKON coolpix 885 3.2 megapixel
will soon post some pics of my car ... ive been workin on it for a month now and TODAY i'm getting the paint on ... diamond black
and yeah i'm Norwegian to

shane_lxi
04-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I aint got noffin on norwiegen people. I was a little drunk at the time of that post :P, lol. Atleast it's all settled now :D. That's what it's all about.