PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a PWR upgrade.... read on

fuzzy audio
03-31-2004, 03:13 AM
I've been thinking about installing power locks, windows and mirrors on my car. If I understand it all correctly the wiring should be there for the most part, just need to get the parts and hook it up right?

BITESIZE
03-31-2004, 03:21 AM
Good question, I've been thinking about doing this on my hatch, but.....no hatches came with power locks. Comments?

SteveDX89
03-31-2004, 03:54 AM
I believe the only wiring that's there is the mirrors for the doors. The wiring for power locks and windows is most likely different. There is also a module under the pass. seat that controls the windows and the fuse box under the hood has relays for it. I think you'll have to put in the LX harness to get it to work.

shepherd79
03-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Steve is right. to get the power mirrors and other opower options you will have to repalce the entire cabin harness with LX
i don't even think DX harness has connections for power mirrors.

fuzzy audio
04-21-2004, 09:55 PM
i was just getting back to this whole deal. Basicly i would just like to do power locks and power mirrors. So if I replace the main wiring harness (btw, where is this? *nooob*) I will only have to get an LX wiring harness (and the other stuff) and plug all my current connections into the main harness? I don't have to re-create connections? Or is this just a stupidly large project?

shepherd79
04-22-2004, 03:11 AM
the main wire harness is lockated behind dash and through out the cabin.
you are talking about ripping yout interior out to get the power windows and power locks.
the easiest way would be to get power windows motors and power locks install them and let someone wire them for you.