PDA

View Full Version : Honda Litter Everywhere

it's paid for
03-31-2004, 05:47 AM
I ride my road bike (bicycle) all over the counties where I live in NW rural Georgia and I've noticed several Honda's just sitting in people's yards - rotting away. This drives me nuts - like they're actually going to DO something with those cars someday - right!

So, I'd like to rent some sort of hauling vehicle and grab a handful of $50 bills and go around and pick up these cars - most are 3G's or Preludes and, some are in really decent shape. Because it doesn't snow here virtually all cars have little or no rust on them. I have a large yard (well, to me, it's big at slightly more than an acre) and I have plenny o room to "park" them.

So . . . my dream is to someday haul these things into my backyard, and put two of the better ones in my garage and tinker with them.

Is this stupid or does anyone else think this is a cool idea?

k-roy
03-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Fuckin A right. Start yourself a heard.

Vinny
03-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Can we say you might be a Redneck if...............................

Just remember its not cool to have a bunch of cars setting in your yard with grass gowing up over them. Doesn't matter if they are import or domestic.

k-roy
03-31-2004, 07:45 AM
But he could be the official redneck of 3geez. :)
Or did you want to keep that title Vinny?

Hell if he does do that he could fix up a few for profit. He could even have some parts cars laying around for spares and to make some more money. It should be all good if he keeps the stock of cars rotating.

Shit tell ya what, if you can secure a hatch with a good, strait, rust free body I might have to throw some money your way. You can even strip the drivetrain and a ton of other crap too.

DanLXI88
03-31-2004, 08:36 AM
If you have room go for it! You could part them out and make for then $50.00 a car.

Silver86LX
03-31-2004, 11:48 AM
I know how you feel. About a month ago I was out with a friend looking at some used cars at the local Honda dealership. Off in the corner was an '87 Civic Wagovan (manual). I know it's not the nicest looking car, but I flet drawn to it. It needed a bit of work and they were only asking $500 for it. I told my friend that I was seriously thinking of buying at and putting it in my garage and working on it. He just laughed. In the end I didn't end up buying it and instead bought another 3g a few weeks later.

As for Honda litter around here, there's not much that I've seen. A few weeks ago there was a 3g Hatch sitting on the side of hwy. 400 for a few days and last summer there was a 3g sedan sitting along side a country road near where I live.

NXRacer
03-31-2004, 12:27 PM
as long as the wife wont complain, go for it. You could start selling extra parts to us 3geez peeps. thats a full time job almost though.

it's paid for
03-31-2004, 02:05 PM
could start selling extra parts to us 3geez peeps. thats a full time job almost though. Hey! I never thought of doing this for money! I guess I could start making money at it though - why not? I doubt anything not shippable via UPS would be out of the question - seats, engines, transmissions, body parts.

I'd like to do this. I could always put up a tall wooden fence if the neighbor's don't like it. I guess as long as they were parked neatly and I kept the grass around them trimmed nicely . . . why not?

Yeah - what'll I call my "empire" . . .

johndej
03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
hmm..... there was a thing about something like this on tv last week. some guy back in the 70s-80s started collecting mustangs and cameros and all and now runs his own junkyard/restoration building. i'd say it wouldn't be too bad an idea.

86LXi|JustONE
04-01-2004, 12:00 AM
see if the people are interested in selling and do some researching on prices of parts before you get your hopes up...

if they say yes i got dibs on a A20A3 engine ;)

Vinny
04-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Just remember that after the cars have been stripped of everything you'll have to get rid of them somehow. Which will mean you have to pay about 150 bucks or so to have a salvage yard come get them to crush them. Unless someone knows another way to get rid of stipped to the bone vehicles.