PDA

View Full Version : More Interior Customization

HondaBoy
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
i dont have pix yet, but i started sunday sanding and cleaning the plastic pieces that go on the pillar areas. i started sanding and cleaning them on sunday and finished up by painting them yesterday. the pieces below the windows are painted black, and the pieces from the windows up are red. i used Krylon Fusion again. says you dont have to sand, but i did anyway just so it would stick really good. it works. i decided to take the head liner out since i have the plastics out. i'm not going to put the pieces back yet until i get the head liner redone. i think i will try recovering it in red vinal. i may wait till the week end for that because i need to do it during the day when its warm outside. should look really good when its done. almost everything in the interior is done, except the dash and carpet. i'll need some time to do that. i may just order a new carpet if i can, but i may just make my own. i had a bitch of a time getting the rear view mirror off! it was the plastic piece that covers the screw that holds it to the roof. i yanked it off, and luckly it has a thing in there you can push back in and its good as new. oh, and i may do something to the sun visors.

HondaBoy
03-31-2004, 10:17 PM
ah, well i decided to measure up and go buy some vinal. lucky for me they cut just a bit more than i need! thats a good thing. well, i'll probley get started on that because my interior looks bare without the plastic panels and head liner! i think i will have to leave the head liner laying flat for a few days so it wont sag later! my friends did that after he redid his. maybe he should let me redo it! maybe i should also do the rear shelf in vinal! that would look good. that would replace the red felt thats on there now. guess i'll have to use duplicolor vinal dye for the dash cuz theres no way in hell im getting the vinal to go around all the curves.

HondaBoy
04-02-2004, 10:54 PM
i got to put in the head liner and the trim panels. looks good, but i will have to get used to it. almost seems like a new car. lol. it decided to rain today so there was no chance at gettin pix of it. now all it needs is the dash to be color matched to the rest of the interior along with the carpet. dont know if i will fab up some new carpet or order the formed kind. im going to see how much i will have to do to make my own carpet. needs some new sun visors, so ill probley look for some tomorrow. i'll probley get some pix up tomorrow in the picture section. so look out for those.

87-Lx-i-3Dr
04-03-2004, 10:44 AM
cant wait to see some pics... sounds like your putting alot of time into the project.

marks_hatch
04-07-2004, 05:42 PM
I was thinkin of maybe doin my interior in black this summer once schools out. any trouble spots or helpful hints so far with gettin the pieces out or anything?

HondaBoy
04-07-2004, 10:20 PM
i'd say just be careful when pulling the plastic panels out. you have to start from the bottom and work your way up to the celing with the panels. i found a flat head screw driver helpful with gettin them out so they didnt break. i sanded the pieces with 1000 grit paper wet, rinsed with water. then i cleaned them with alcohol before painting. i've yet to see the pieces chip, and i'm surprised. especially the ones by the carpet where my shoes would mess it up.

marks_hatch
04-08-2004, 07:14 PM
sounds good, lets see some pics when you get it all done.