PDA

View Full Version : Headlights question

Rendon LX-i
04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
well heres the deal. i have h4 right. well its nice an clear but it seems that my low beams are not pointing down. when i put my hight beams its points the the floor prefect. but my low beams seem a little hight. sometimes i really have to slow down to see. how do i adjust them?

Andrew
04-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Maybe ya got em in upside down! LOL

Rendon LX-i
04-01-2004, 08:12 AM
i hope not. lol. im pretty sure there the right way. the daylight bulb is in the bottom.

shepherd79
04-01-2004, 08:40 AM
it should say which way up and which way down.
plus did you buy them from ebay?

eightyfivelude
04-01-2004, 10:34 AM
i'll bet money that you have them in upside down. The high beam should point higher when you put them on, not int othe ground.

Matt

bobafett
04-01-2004, 03:26 PM
upside down. ;) i had one in the right way and one in the wrong way when i put in my H4's the first time. but i had condensation problems, and just put in my stock lamps and its SOOOO much brighter lol i cant wait to order a decent set of H4s

Andrew
04-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I bought some of those crappy H4s off Ebay for my car, they kept filling up with water and I found isibility poor. Yanked em back out and put my old ones back in and they work great.

Like my cousin always says: "Cheap always gets it in the ass."

Rendon LX-i
04-01-2004, 08:27 PM
SO u guys think i have them backwards. So does the daylight bulb should be on top instead of the buttom. Guys got pics of your h4 up close so i can see. thanks guys.

Andrew
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
SO u guys think i have them backwards. So does the daylight bulb should be on top instead of the buttom. Guys got pics of your h4 up close so i can see. thanks guys.

Why don't you just try it, you'll know right away if it's wrong. If that doesn't work, try the adjusting screws on the headlight bezel.

smufguy
04-01-2004, 10:35 PM

the running lights should be on the bottom. like you can see below. Are you sure ur bracket or the housing is not funkied up? if the bulb is loose inside, it could cause it too. Worst comes to worst, the internal reflectors could be at fault. then that would suck.

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/blue89/diamondback/driver.jpg

Rendon LX-i
04-01-2004, 10:55 PM
no my housing is not fucked up. my bracket is good. i prolly just need to adjust them a little. when i first got them. the bulbs were a bitch to put in and were a bitch to pull out. im like wtf. so prolly need to go to a wall an make sure my lights are what 3 or so from the ground.

Busted_Blue
04-01-2004, 11:11 PM
about H4 housings...where do i need to seal to prevent leaking ?!

Andrew
04-02-2004, 06:23 AM
about H4 housings...where do i need to seal to prevent leaking ?!

You need to seal where the bulb goes into the housing.

HondaBoy
04-03-2004, 05:51 PM
with my first set of H4 conversions, i think i had this problem. on the H4 housing, it said top, but it was really the bottom. so i flipped it over and that worked. dont know why that was like that, kinda pissed me off. now i have H4 projector conversions. much better.

Andrew
04-03-2004, 06:44 PM
I just bought a set of Sylvania Hi Visibility Sealed beams, they work pretty good.