PDA

View Full Version : Car is f*ckin falling apart

AccordLX-i87
07-12-2002, 07:57 PM
1st problem......my car is sittin outside because it wont start because the alternator has stopped working. i have to get the battery a boost in order to drive it over to the repair shop...2nd..i need to get a new oil pan and some kind of resivour thats in the front that holds oil that has somehow blown out...3rd...im leaking brake fluid (its all over the front left tire) and im thinking i need a new master cylinder maybe?im so pissed...(the crazy thing is, this has all come up in the past week)...now tell me...how much do you think this is gonna set me back? and, like someone else asked on the board... do you think i should keep my accord? or go out for another car?

Sean
07-12-2002, 08:54 PM
id bet you ran something over. broken alternator belt, sliced brake hose, and power steering resivor hose. ??? so WTF did you hit ??

offthahook
07-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Brake hoses (not lines) do tend to braek on older cars (like ours). That's my guess.

hondamanlxi
07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by offthahook
Brake hoses (not lines) do tend to braek on older cars (like ours). That's my guess.

do you realize what a thoughtless statment that was? heres some algebra: old car + original shit = shit tearin up

killerb09
07-30-2002, 03:39 AM
well look at my post.....your altenator stopped working? see if the belt is loose...make sure teh altenator is not seized....
get someone to help you with the brake lines...get them to sit in the acr adn push on the brakes....see if you can see where teh fluid is comeing from
the oils cooler on teh front is like a tube that runs in the bottom air hole of teh bumper...to may have taken a hit from a small animal or bird or somerthing...might have just rusted out or simply be defective...

find out what you need BEFORE you go to the garage....if you just go tell them to fix teh car....you'll end up paying 2X as much as telling them exactly what to fix...that way if they do anythign else you can dicker witrh them since you only wanted teh 3 things fixed....

Ball park though rebuilt AL is like $75-100
brake line is usually around $2-3/foot + labour time($35-60/hr)
oil line will be similar to brake line...if you can even do that?
oil pan should be around $1-150 depending on new/used/refurbished

total should come in under $500 for all that stuff...

if you do some of it your self like the alternator then you'll save even more...

offthahook
08-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by hondamanlxi

do you realize what a thoughtless statment that was? heres some algebra: old car + original shit = shit tearin up

Thanks...

toastyghost
10-17-2002, 08:47 PM
someone got their feelings hurt.. :lol: peeps are just fuckin mean