PDA

View Full Version : OK guys...I...AM...F'in...PISSED!

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 11:15 AM
here's my situtation: about 3 months ago, my motor totally died on the way to school. so i got a new motor at this mechanic shop outside my house. (i bet I could've just changed some gaskets the problem would've been fixed.) but i didn't know much about cars, so i just had him change the motor for about 1000. My dad wouldn't let my friend swap the motor for me, he's such a pussy. anyways, i get 6months gaurentee on the motor, and it's been 2.8 months, since then i took it back bout 3 times for leaking problems. And now, it started leaking again under the oilpan. I don't know where the source of leakage is, but it's pretty knarly. well i took it back to the mechanic today, and he's like "your gaurentee is up, it's only 3 months." and sure enough i looked at my waranty paper, and the number "6" had a freakin "3" ontop of it. I might have not noticed it before or something but that's just retarded. but still...the date on the waranty is 1/19/04 so even if it's a 3 months thing, then i have till 4/19/04. that little bastard! I'm freakin poor man, well my family is not, but i AM due to the fact that i'm a full time student and a parttime at IN and OUT. I pay for everything i own(except for rent). I payed 1200 for my 3g and 1000 for the motor and other countless parts(not including Fees for junior college (De Anza)). Freakin A. How could that bitch mechanic do this to me!? I fell soo mistreated. What do you guys think i should do? any ideas on wat kinda of leaking problems i got. It's like alll over on the underside of the oilpan. oh yah, the mechanic said it might be the pvc valve that doesn't have enough suction power or something. Freakin A! This is my mechanic showing me the warranty paper :deal:

$mokenB'$
04-01-2004, 11:28 AM
take it back and damand they fix it, expecially if the warrenty is not done w/.

DanLXI88
04-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Dude you totally have a case. Since he never fixed the problem to begin with. Why/when was the original warranty paper changed? Talk to his boss man raise holy hell with them. You still have 18 days of warranty they need to fix that shit. I know it's hard sometimes but you always got to double-check the fine print and look for shady practices. You'll find it will save time in the long run. Good Luck man!

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
yah i did that, but wat makes me mad is that he says "we'll be nice and take a look at it for you even though your waranty is up" What ever parts he replaces, he wants to charge me for it. I'm not goin to let that happen though

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 11:32 AM
he is da BOSS! it's a small business he owns and he runs it like shit i tell you what! Definitely if in any case my motor dies within another 3 months and he won't fix it for me. i'm takin his dumbass to court.

DanLXI88
04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
That's what should happen if it's not done right. Also turn him into BBB ( Better Business Bureau ) if they have that in your city. Also post the name of the shop up so we can all avoid it and tell everyone you know that it sucks and never go there. Something like this happened to me a few years ago. I went to the shop EVERYDAY even if it was for like 5mins and I would talk to the customers and tell them how whack the place was. I got my shit fixed anyways. Maybe that will work for you.

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM
well i don't know if we got bbb but we do have the channel 7 customer report, my dad wants to tell them our case. the shop is called U.S. Auto Repair. don't let the name fool you though, it's run by a bunch of funny looking Vietnamese guys. Not to diss on any Viets cuz i'm one too. the owener guy seems nice at first to get our business but when you keep buggin him to fix your car cuz he did a bad job, he's gets to be a bastard and making fictional things up. I don't know, i want to see if the problem gets fixed this time. If not, i'm goin to take action.

BMS
04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Kick him in the nuts and set Bubba to work on him.

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Kick him in the nuts and set Bubba to work on him.
YOu bet! imma do that as soon as i get some muscles! this is me flexin rite now ---> :dunno:

grsmnky33
04-01-2004, 07:57 PM
you live in CA, right? Tell him you're gonna take him to the B.A.R (Bureau of Automotive Repair)........ He'll probably change his tune really quick if he has half a brain in his knuckle-draggin' head!!!

88accordhb
04-01-2004, 08:00 PM
you live in CA, right? Tell him you're gonna take him to the B.A.R (Bureau of Automotive Repair)........ He'll probably change his tune really quick if he has half a brain in his knuckle-draggin' head!!!
cool...i'm going to wait to see if he fixed the problem or if he just gave it a wipe down with a rag...then i'll BAR his ass

nswst8
04-02-2004, 05:01 AM
This is what you should do.

1. Sit down as stated above and draft a letter, with out the emotion that you are feeling state your situation, ask that he take resposibility and do the right thing to avoid legal action. Request a reply.

2. Notorize the letter, (usually your bank can do this for you) Send the letter certified with delivery confirmation. Now you have established a date within the time period of your warranty.

3. Give 5-10 business days for action, if none proceed to the county court house and file a Small Claims Suit against the business in the amount of damages, mechanical problems stated, loss of use of car, and any other expenses incurred from this situation and possibly even personal damages.

This will run a few dollars ran me about $120, but I recovered $5000 from Statefarm insurance company who was trying to shaft me and my family.

4. If still no reply, proceed to court state your case to the judge and since you have established the date within the parameters of your warranty you will be awarded damages.

This is the good part I didn't even need a lawyer I did this all myself. Statefarm didn't want to go to court they offered what i was asking, had they done the right thing to begin with I only would have had $4000.

Hope this helps.
Phil :cheers:

unc25
04-02-2004, 05:38 AM
I know this is kinda off but you asked where might the leak be coming from....
When I had my transmission changed in my mirage They never offered to change the master seal so 2 days after i get my new tranny in the damn thing starts leaking take it back to them and they charge me 200 more dollars to drop the tranny and put in the new seal. There was oil all over my oil pan like you said and under my car there was a huge puddle of oil. Dont know if this is your problem but might want to look into where your tranny and engine meet.
(I am pretty sure its called a master seal but I could be wrong.)

88accordhb
04-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I know this is kinda off but you asked where might the leak be coming from....
When I had my transmission changed in my mirage They never offered to change the master seal so 2 days after i get my new tranny in the damn thing starts leaking take it back to them and they charge me 200 more dollars to drop the tranny and put in the new seal. There was oil all over my oil pan like you said and under my car there was a huge puddle of oil. Dont know if this is your problem but might want to look into where your tranny and engine meet.
(I am pretty sure its called a master seal but I could be wrong.)
Wow! thanx! maybe that's it...i think i'll just start fixing stuff myself. I just took it to him because i have a warranty on the engine...and why do a job if another man can do it for you? but now he's being a buttluck! anyways thanx for the advice... about the letter. i don't think i have a good case. i have evidence but it's really sloppy. i kno i kno i shouldve scrutinized it at the begining but i was just soo happy to get my damn car back that i was rushing. thanx anyways guys

unc25
04-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Ok sorr its not the master seal..Its called the rear main seal...Sorry about that. It was pretty early when I read your post and responded. Hope you get this before you go around asking about the "master seal". Once again its called the rear main seal.

88accordhb
04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
ok, the rear mian seal then...cool thanx

unc25
04-03-2004, 12:32 PM
no problem man

Jonessoda27
04-04-2004, 09:00 PM
what a jackass of a mechanic. i would freakin steal his car lol

88accordhb
04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
what a jackass of a mechanic. i would freakin steal his car lol