PDA

View Full Version : replacing the alternator

cubert
04-02-2004, 03:23 AM
well..ive been able to find two ways...dropping the axle and removing all the crap above it on the motor....are there any other easier ways that im just to blind to find? i just wanna be ready for when i dive into it this weekend. I never thought i'd say this..but i miss putting oil in my 3g every day... :lol: i wanna drive it again

Elijah
04-02-2004, 03:49 AM
you drop the axle???

Elijah
04-02-2004, 03:56 AM
forget it you are saying either or! Ok I dont know any other ways. we always do it from up top it is the fastest way in my opinion!

soljaboy2000
04-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I changed mines a couple days ago in like 20 minutes or less. The only I did when unbolted the old alt, is slid it over to the pass. of engine and pulled it straight up. I took off the little small cylinder thing has 3 hoses called A, B, C and then just wiggled the alt out. Just be careful not to break anything or pinch a hole in any of the hoses. And after you put the new one check everthing to see if you knock anything loose or out of place in the engine.

shepherd79
04-02-2004, 04:02 AM
you have EFi.
just remove the plastic stock air intake, and slide the alternator from the top.
you don't have to remove the axel.

cubert
04-02-2004, 05:03 AM
alright..thanks guys

Gemini2003
09-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Thank you for all your posts guys i was really pissed off at my alternator then i read a couple of posts and tried the firewall route and Bingo!

Thanx alot!

AccordAddict
10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
can you give me the link to the "Firewall Route" post please, im looking for the easiest ways to remove my alt.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
can you give me the link to the "Firewall Route" post please, im looking for the easiest ways to remove my alt.

AccordAddict, your car is fuel injected. The alternator can be removed from the top. The firewall route applies only to the carburated vehicles that don't have any space on top to pass the alternator through.

justin89
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
you have EFi.
just remove the plastic stock air intake, and slide the alternator from the top.
you don't have to remove the axel.

shep has a point that is if you are fi.after you remove the factory air box equip.then you will notice that you have a nice amout of space behind the intake mani. :rockon: