PDA

View Full Version : High performance head

urd_86hb
04-02-2004, 10:10 AM
OK, I have an 86 Accord hatchback with the BT 2.0 L fuel injected. I overheated it and I think I messed up the head. I have a sponsorship thru Sport Compact Pro, and they will help me out as far as money goes for parts. I have 2 questions. First, can I put an A20A3 head on the BT engine? Or do I have to put the BT head on it? I know Im still gonna have to use my original intake and exhaust manifolds. Does the A20A3 head make a little more power? Question #2. Who sells high performance heads for either the BT or the A20A3? How much do they run? If anybody knows, I could call SCP and ask them if they could help me get that head.

NXRacer
04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
you can put the a20a3 head on the BT motor. Its all the same, diff lettering.

If you're looking into a high performance head, head over to www.accordcentral.com and check out the head packages offered there.

*edit* looks like accordcentral is down again. keep checking for when it comes back up.

Sean
04-02-2004, 05:36 PM
why the fuck does my hosting keep going down ive been on the phone twice this week about it. WTF is going on.

Elijah
04-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Sean ur pm is full.And website down.Know one can get ahold of u.

Sean
04-02-2004, 07:22 PM
hey the PM box is now empty. geez i handt really noticed how many pm's id gotten in the last 3 months. as for accordcentral. its back up and running and will be indefianately. when things setle down ill get into the detials. its not a non payment issue i paid for the whole year.

Justin86
04-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Well then I guess you never got my PM Sean, oh well I'll try again.
Yea all the head are the same but I suggest getting a 88-89 EFI camshaft, that will help a little bit. Do you have emission? Check your cylinder PSI to see if you loosing compression and check for leaking oil or coolant. If you can't afford a performace head you could try to do a basic P&P were you basicaly just clean up the factory casting. It's best to first have the basic intake/header/exhaust before you really get gain out of head work.

smufguy
04-02-2004, 09:58 PM
OK, I have an 86 Accord hatchback with the BT 2.0 L fuel injected. I overheated it and I think I messed up the head. I have a sponsorship thru Sport Compact Pro, and they will help me out as far as money goes for parts. I have 2 questions. First, can I put an A20A3 head on the BT engine? Or do I have to put the BT head on it? I know Im still gonna have to use my original intake and exhaust manifolds. Does the A20A3 head make a little more power? Question #2. Who sells high performance heads for either the BT or the A20A3? How much do they run? If anybody knows, I could call SCP and ask them if they could help me get that head.

u can always use the 88-89 dual stage Intake manifold.

urd_86hb
04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
I cant use the dual stage intake minfold cuz of the vacuum lines and all that crap. a lot of people have told me that its way too difficult to do that.

Heres the situation with my car. Goes through coolant extremely fast, but its just burning it all out. The oil is clean, so its not going down past the piston rings. I cant do a compression test cuz it blows coolant out the spark plug hole. I know that is where I am losing compression. No, I dont have emissions (thank god) but I might move to phoenix where I would have to have emissions, so I want to try not to go over emissions. On accordcentral.com they have a high performance head for like $500 or so, so I might look into that. I might also look at the turbo package. I dont have a whole lot of money to spend, so I have to take my time with my mods.

Justin86
04-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Well who ever said the 88-89 intake swap was too hard should be shot, just like the people that say you can't remove the emission for EFI. Look at my cardomian and you will see I have a 89 intake and NO emissions. :D

BITESIZE
04-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Well who ever said the 88-89 intake swap was too hard should be shot, just like the people that say you can't remove the emission for EFI. Look at my cardomian and you will see I have a 89 intake and NO emissions. :D
What is your cadomain...and what do you mean emmissions....egr? Catalytic converter?

smufguy
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
justin was talking about his car on his website well this is what he is talking about http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/469581/1

Justin, i give you props buddy. you are an ordinary looking guy (from you posts) and yet you have done something not too many of us have. Unique and i like it :)

you are lucky you live in a state with no emissions. I wonder how loud ur car is tho :) and god i dont wanna know how your NOX readins are with no EGR. jesus ;)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/469000-469999/469581_24_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/469000-469999/469581_23_full.jpg

Justin86
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Yea no cat, EGR, emission, vacum, all that crap is gone. It's just back to the basic's MAP sensor and distrubitor advance. I'm also wanting to update the MAP like on newer car where it is on the TB, that way I can elimate the long ass hose I have for it now. You can se it on that 2nd pic how it stands out.
As for my tail pipe emission they would fail me before then even tested, my car smell illegal, and my the exhaust note it makes you affraid to race me. It has a nice low rumble and idle and cruise but when I got on it, it makes people look twice at my car. As for a db read out I'm still looking for someone to test the sound level, it's for sure over the 95db limit, and those that have heard it can back up my story. :D

urd_86hb
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
How loud would it be if I had straight pipes with a high-flow muffler on the end? A buddy of mine has an older RX-7 that has straight pipes and he can blow flames out his exhaust w/o any kind of a kit. I would like to do that. Also, just outta curiosity, when you hit nitrous, does it really blow a 3 foot flame out the back like in Need for Speed: Underground?

NXRacer
04-06-2004, 11:58 AM
hah hah. a good rule of thumb: NEVER expect in real life what you see in a movie/video game. You can shoot flames out your exhaust but thats usually due to your car running bad.

running a straight pipe will have a better chance of seeing flames because there's nothing to stop em if they do occur.

urd_86hb
04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
I know it was a stupid question, but I just thought Id ask it. That would be really cool if it could though. I could piss off a lot of cops and old people if I could blow flames. Also a really good source if you need to start a campfire at a party.

Justin86
04-06-2004, 09:31 PM
You have to remove you cat in the first place. Then you need it to run rich and or run nitrous to get unburt gas. Then you need a spark plug of some sort to light it. It's much easier on a carb then EFI.

smufguy
04-06-2004, 09:35 PM
or just rev that bitch to 7K if you can and watch it spit out fire by the end of your header. My friend's ex's brother's MK1 MR2 does that. He does not have a cat or anything and the header is bearly two feel long and shit just spits out fire and is extremely loud.

Justin86
04-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Yea my car did that for a while when I ran straight header. You should try it at night, my friend I was following was like OMG your car was shooting blue fire. :D