PDA

View Full Version : A Word About Brakes....

DeathRat
04-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I just wanted to inform everyone here NOT to cheap out on brakes! I thought I would go with a cheaper line of product for my rear brake shoes last fall to solve the noise I had from them due to warped drums. Well after getting the exact same noise back again during this winter, I finally removed the rear drums to see what was going on. I found that the shoes I had just installed last August had cracked & chipped off. :sad2: I was surprised at this this, as it has never happened to me before. I was lucky that the place I got them from warrantied the shoes & both drums for me, as I do a fair amount of business volume through them for my store. I now have the exact same set up back on the car though, so this WILL re-occur again I know. Just a word to the wise that not always the cheapest solution is the best solution! :uh:

BMS
04-03-2004, 09:20 AM
When you're goin with brakes if you have a stock setup just buy the Honda parts. Shit, for most of the stuff on our car just use the Honda stuff.

smufguy
04-05-2004, 06:09 PM
the Raybestos brand is cheap and yet reliable. They are $20 for the whole rear set and they dont go bad. Im got them in the front and even tho all stock brakes have obvious brake fade, i guess i have to live with it till i get my bigger brakes. if you have a 5spd, you will use your brakes much less than auto guys. ;)