PDA

View Full Version : piece o' f'ing crap trivia!!!!

Ravenix
04-03-2004, 01:23 PM
and for a million dollars

what would make my car stall out when accelerating from a stop, or just pushing the gas in general?

i have a carbed a18a dx automatic trans
new fuel filters
plugs are good

and also a couple weeks ago everything electrical shut off in my car while i was driving it...... :rant:

shepherd79
04-03-2004, 02:04 PM
well you may have some kind electrical short somewhere OR
your vinturies are loose in the carb.

HondaBoy
04-03-2004, 05:46 PM
i could guess that might be a bad vacuum line. also i dont know, but that can be a throttal position sensor, dont really know if our carbed engines have those. those are the things i know will cause that.

RustyHo88
04-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Distributor cap, rotor, wires, air filter, water in the gas tank, bad gas in general...ect. Sounds like a major carb problem though. You probably need a rebuild, or a weber.

Ravenix
04-04-2004, 02:26 AM
thanks rusty, ill try all that stuff thats just about everything i could think of that might be wrong with it too, and if its a carb prob its a good thing i have a spare

POS carb
04-04-2004, 01:38 PM
yea basically it's leaning out and there are so many parts that can cause that that it's better to just grab a $40 carb at the u-pick

POS carb
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
oh yea about the $1mil I accept paypal!
:werd:

keruhas184
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Sounds like main relay with the electrical shutting off:

http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

But can be anything else.

momo8517
04-04-2004, 03:13 PM
yea anything could do it.
my moms van (now this is a fuel injection setup, but bear with me here) was stalling out and we linked it to a combination of cheap gas (found water in the tank) and a low idle speed. run a half a tank of mid-grade w/ some dry gas through it and see if that helps. if not you probably got a carb problem or electrical problem, as stated before.

smufguy
04-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds like main relay with the electrical shutting off:

http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

But can be anything else.

a carb does not have a main relay. LIke alex mentioned its a fuel cut off relay possibly. But as for the carb leaning out, it always does in high rpm, but from start, i have no clue. try adjusting your AJC (the black piece with three vaccuum lines going to it. Also, how is the idle? and how about when u rev it in neutral. Does it do the same thing?

keruhas184
04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info about no main relay when carbed. I was going to do the resolder thing myself on now what I know is a non-existed relay. But I nevertheless have the problem of electrical shorting and the car stalling. Should I look at this fuel cutoff relay then?

smufguy
04-05-2004, 12:06 PM
yeah swap the fuel cut off relay in the back of the cabin fuse box. Its the one that is rectangular with buncha holes in it in a silverish color metal casing. pull that out and see if u can swap it out with the one from the junkyard.

by the way, if there is a shot, a fuse should blow. Can u find out where and what number fuse blows or is blown? that would help to narrow down what it could be wrong.

keruhas184
04-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the fuses next time, which will be in a week or so when I'll go back to my parent's. I'll tell you guys what I find. Should be an interesting weekeind of pure 3gee love:

replace trans fluid
replace coil w/msd blaster ss
replace wires w/ngk
replace plugs w/ v-power ngk + regap + index
replace air filter w/k&n for flipped lid

check out the ecu and the fuses+relay

I hope it all goes smooth, and will finnaly give me some peace of mind.