PDA

View Full Version : Just got an alignment today.

Busted_Blue
04-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Anyways, just got an 'courtesy' alignment today and since i just lowered my car an inch... here the scoop:

camber
1.4 front left
1.6 front right
0.1 rear left
1.1 rear right

Toe was fixed back to 0 on all plus or minus .01

so about the camber on the rear...what should i exactly do? Can a washer trick help out uneven camber? I know it is to use for even camber wear but I didn't see anything about uneven camber. I want the camber kit to be the last resort so any ideas experts? :)

Busted_Blue
04-04-2004, 03:40 PM
anyone got any idea? :(

guaynabo89
04-04-2004, 04:20 PM
anyone got any idea? :(

The rear upper arm. YOu take out the two bolts that hold it on and get yourself ones just like them but longer and put washers behind the upper arm and hold it back in place with the longer bolts you just got.

Busted_Blue
04-04-2004, 06:52 PM
well..what i'm wondering is, can i just put washers on ONE SIDE? I read up on using it for both sides, but I dont know if you can put it on one side.

guaynabo89
04-04-2004, 07:03 PM
well..what i'm wondering is, can i just put washers on ONE SIDE? I read up on using it for both sides, but I dont know if you can put it on one side.

yes

thats the wholepoint. only put washers where you need em. :cool:

Busted_Blue
04-04-2004, 09:45 PM
sweet..do you know how much each washer = to what degree change?

smufguy
04-05-2004, 06:07 PM
first you need to know what is the thickness of the washer is. Thichkness of the washer more than the number of washers is the issue here. its interesting one side in the rear is a degreee off. Its really strange. THey should have been the same, i have the rears exactlly off.

the front is horrible for me. im about -2.5 on the FR and -1.7 on FL. so my car pulls left. i would say go with the small thickness stainless steel washers and add upto two at a time in the rear and see how much the angle changes. As long as you run close to 0, it should not be a problem and adding washers to one side is no big deal :) just make sure you got a big enough bolt to go thru. if needed change the bold,