PDA

View Full Version : throttle sticky

smufguy
04-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, lately my car kinda gets stuck at a certain rpm if i am cruzing at that rpm for a while. it could be any speed, but its just that if im at a certain rpm for a while, it gets stuck. I dont know if its the throttle linkage itself. or any kinda vaccuum/sensor problem. Im gonna try and get the 4th gen map sensor sometime soon, but i am not sure what to do with this sticky throttle. Sometimes it picks up and stays at 2K till i tap the gas to let it drop to idle. All gaskets are new.

Thing to note, my injectors are leaking a lil bit (yeah i know its been like that for months) and the fuel pretty regulator O ring is bad too. Do you fellas think they are related or something?

oh yeah no ECU codes either.

shepherd79
04-04-2004, 04:12 AM
the fuel is not related to your problem.
your problem could be due to worn out TB shaft. next time you are at junk yard, pick up an extra TB that doesn't stick and try it.

smufguy
04-04-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah ill try that. is there a difference bwt the 4g DX throttle body and a 4g LX, EX throttle bodies alex? i might grab a map sensor from the DX if its the same.

Sorry, i double checked it and the part number is the same << this is the number. 94219>>

smufguy
04-21-2004, 10:39 AM
well for the updated sticky throttle, I fixed it. I cleaned off the carbon deposits from the inside of the TB where the throttle plate mates to the TB and the linkages. I just used a spray on grease and used it on the linkage and also used some on the inside of the throttle plate where it meets the TB. It was the place where they mate which was getting sticky at higher temperatures. Now it does not do that and its smooth even at high temperatures.

I think ucan also use regular motor oil for the inside so that the plate wont get stuck. man..... that sticky throttle was the most annoying thing i could have possibly encountered. Glad its fixed.