PDA

View Full Version : rear seat removal - how?

whyterice
04-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Just wondering how to get the back seat out of the car.

SteveDX89
04-04-2004, 06:27 AM
If you have a DX, there are 3 bolts. You have to remove one in the middle first. Go between the seat cushions with a 10mm socket and extension. Remove the bolt. Now pull the seat bottom up and toward the front of the car. It will rotate up like it's on hinges. There are hooks on the front of the seat that you must get out. The seat cushions come out then. There is a bolt on each side of the seat back inside of the seat belts that you have to take out. Once you get them out, push the seat back up toward the roof. The hooks should let go and it comes right out.

If you have flip down rear seat, it's easier. Fold down the seat back. On the driver side, you should see a metal dowel coming out of the seat back into the frame. It should have a little black clip on it. Remove that clip and then push the seat back to the driver side of the car. The pass. side dowel should come out of the frame part and the seat back comes right out. To get the cushion, there is one 10mm bolt that's in the middle. Once that is out, the cushion comes out just like I explained above on the DX.

NotFast
04-04-2004, 03:11 PM
is the LX different or u wouldn't know cause you have a DX?

SteveDX89
04-04-2004, 05:38 PM
LX has fold down rear seats. Read the directions for those.

3rdgeneration
04-26-2004, 07:33 PM
has anyone on the site taken out their back seat?

HondaBoy
04-28-2004, 02:43 PM
i've taken my back seat out so many times i cant count how many times. mines the fold down one. i've only taken off the vertical side pieces a few times. theres like one bolt on the bottom of that i think and then it has a hook on the top that you slide out. i took my back seat out monday and tuesday of this week to run wires from under the carpet for my amps.