PDA

View Full Version : Oil Control Jet?

4DoorAccordDX
04-04-2004, 12:33 PM
I am in the process of replacing a blown head gasket. I have my head almost ready to put back on, (I took it too a shop and had a valve gringing, new valve guides, and surfacing done.), and as I am looking through my Chiltons, it says something about an Oil Control Jet. I have never seen this thing. What is it? What does it do? And how important is it? From the pics in the book it looks as if it just sits in a hole in the head somewhere, but I am not sure exactly where. I was hoping to at least get the head on by today, but I don't want to move ahead any further until I know what this thing is. Please help ASAP, I would greatly appreciate any info you guys have. Also, it says some stuff about auxilary valves or something like that. It says some models have them, I haven't seen anything like that, but how do I know for sure if I do or do not have them. Thanks.

2-Knee

A20A1
04-04-2004, 01:02 PM
It's a little metal jet that sticks out of the head but it could be stuck in the block... it's between cylinder 3 and 2

shepherd79
04-04-2004, 01:27 PM
actually it is between cylinder 2 and 3

A20A1
04-04-2004, 01:42 PM
sorry
I ment to say that... lol.

joker2
04-05-2004, 12:18 PM
IMO, that's a dealer item... I know when I was putting my new engine together I just went to the dealer and picked one up, won't cost you much....

AccordEpicenter
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM
if you dont damage it when you remove it you can just re oring it and be on your way