PDA

View Full Version : Pond in my back seat

hootymo
04-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Ok we have had a ton of rain here the past few days, and I have noticed a steadily accumulating pond in the back seat drivers side floor board. its the only spot in the car that has the water in it, the front seats are dry and the passenger side rear floor is dry as well. where could this be coming from? the tail lamp? because when I looked in the trunk to see if it was wet in there, it looks completely dry. where could this be coming from, and why only on that one floor board?? weird... but please help cuz i dont want my floor rusting through or anything, and it kinda sucks not being able to set anything back there on the floor. thanks!

RobT5580
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
I would check the back window but most likely your going to have to pull some of the trim panels to see. I would check that because if it were the tail lamps it would tend to fill up the well of the trunk and not be that far forward in the cabin. The rear glass in my other coupe was ready to fall out because someone used the wrong sealer on it before i got the car and only the trim was holding the glass in. That car was hit in the rear before i got it so i assume the body shop did it but it was leaking bad so i had a glass shop take it out clean it up and re-seal it. And im sure my system didnt help the matter but im glad the glass never fell out cause im sure its a expensive piece of glass.

But thats where i would start then if its a coupe check the rear side glass seals and trim as well.

86 barnstormer
04-19-2004, 08:27 AM
mine leaks around the door handles.