PDA

View Full Version : **Attn Carbed PPL!** A/F AF Air Fuel Mixture Screw

87accordlxph
04-05-2004, 03:01 PM
For those of you with carbed Accord problems please read!

After a long and harsh battle between me and my carbed 3gee this past winter trying to determine what in the hell my car has been acting the way that it did, I have finally found probably one of the main sources that I carb can't "live" without.

I have had serious problems like:

a) Fluctuating idling, then no idling. (stalls at a dead stop)
b) Poor gas milage.
c) Major hesitation when hot and cold while crusing and wanting to accelerate.
d) Backfiring while still in gear trying to keep the rpms up so it doesn't stall.
e) Carb coughs like it's sick and misfires when warming up.

and that main source is the AIR/FUEL MIXTURE SCREW that's located behind the carb near the firewall down by the base of it. There are some pics of it on the board here if your not sure where it is exactly.

I couldn't believe this is what was causing all these problems. It fell out of it's place when I removed the cap and that keeps the screw in place and I didn't put it back on because it was a major pain in the ass to take it out of the hole and to put it back in it's place with the carb still on the intake manifold.

So just a friendly FYI for those with these kinds of problems and always make sure you put that cap back in it's place when your done tuning!

Hope this helps a bit.

-Mike from P-town!

A20A1
04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
lol, thats why I tell people not to mess with the screw unless it's nesescary.

BMS
04-05-2004, 04:09 PM
I've had the cap missing from my mixture screw for about 6 months. So far I haven't had any problems with it.

pixiesfan78
04-06-2004, 08:48 PM
i took out the cap 2 months ago no problems yet i would say replace the screw it may be messed up . but im always thiking damn i need to put that cap back.

bc86
07-14-2004, 10:12 AM
For those of you with carbed Accord problems please read!

After a long and harsh battle between me and my carbed 3gee this past winter trying to determine what in the hell my car has been acting the way that it did, I have finally found probably one of the main sources that I carb can't "live" without.

I have had serious problems like:

a) Fluctuating idling, then no idling. (stalls at a dead stop)
b) Poor gas milage.
c) Major hesitation when hot and cold while crusing and wanting to accelerate.
d) Backfiring while still in gear trying to keep the rpms up so it doesn't stall.
e) Carb coughs like it's sick and misfires when warming up.

and that main source is the AIR/FUEL MIXTURE SCREW that's located behind the carb near the firewall down by the base of it. There are some pics of it on the board here if your not sure where it is exactly.

I couldn't believe this is what was causing all these problems. It fell out of it's place when I removed the cap and that keeps the screw in place and I didn't put it back on because it was a major pain in the ass to take it out of the hole and to put it back in it's place with the carb still on the intake manifold.

So just a friendly FYI for those with these kinds of problems and always make sure you put that cap back in it's place when your done tuning!

Hope this helps a bit.

-Mike from P-town!

Id love to see a pic of that screw, car is running fuct up.
Shes running uber rich.

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 10:17 AM
well i can't show pic's but , what you can do is , look where the a/c idle diaphram is, the follow the bracket, now in the middle of the carb in the back of it feel for a hole that goes in, that's if the cap is off, but if it's on . . . .
your gonna have to remove the bracket.

iron
07-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Shes running uber rich.

There's some pictures in the how to section under "how do I adjust my carb?"

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/carb.htm

k-roy
07-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Shes running uber rich.
http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/how_to_remove_the_vacuum_lines.htm

bc86
07-14-2004, 11:11 AM
http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/how_to_remove_the_vacuum_lines.htm

Thx for the help.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=428460#post428460

Maybe u could help me.

A20A1
07-14-2004, 02:19 PM
but since you never removed the cap you really shouldn't have to worry about the screw falling out.