PDA

View Full Version : Newly Installed H4 Conversion

DeathRat
04-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Well I finally did it! I just finished installing APC Diamond H4 Conversion Headlamps with new Jetco 12V 100/55W H4 Bulbs.....Wow! What a difference! I can now turn night into Daylight! LOL :rockon: I don't think I'll be needing to add any driving lights now mind you either..... :lol: Just had to share, as I'm so excited. :cool:

Elijah
04-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I had just put some on hollys car.

Busted_Blue
04-05-2004, 11:25 PM
using 100w bulbs on the stock wiring harness actually works? I thought it was not safe to use stock harness with that high input on the harness. Well, I use 60/55w Sylvania Cool Blue at the moment (waiting for silverstars from friend). They look a lot brighter than the seal beams. There is no more tunnel beams that the sealed emmited and i'm wondering the difference if i even chose to get Raybrigs that sheperd mentioned before.

Gotta love the H4 conveersion, but I'm wondering how long before mine start to leak. The rubber mount on the top doesnt look leakproof at all.

HostileJava
04-06-2004, 06:37 AM
No, it's not safe, you really should get a new harness and run heavier wire, we've had a few members melt there wires this way.

shepherd79
04-06-2004, 07:12 AM
you have to choices:
1. run heavier wire for your bulbs.
2. replace the bulbs with better quality bulbs that have better output on stock wattage. this is what i have in my car. http://store.racinglab.com/raywhitsonh4.html
they are briter than any other bulb on the market. this is as close to real HID as you can get.

PortugalFocus
04-06-2004, 10:22 AM
you have to choices:
1. run heavier wire for your bulbs.
2. replace the bulbs with better quality bulbs that have better output on stock wattage. this is what i have in my car. http://store.racinglab.com/raywhitsonh4.html
they are briter than any other bulb on the market. this is as close to real HID as you can get.

Raybrig and PIAA bulbs are more expensive than the standard over-the-counter "blue" or "super-white" bulb, but they are very high quality. I have Raybrig H4s in my car.

Elijah
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I put PIAA in Hollys car.And went with the bosh housing.

urd_86hb
04-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey just outta curiosity, how much do a decent set of H4 conversions cost? How much watt bulbs can I use on the stock wiring?

HostileJava
04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
55watt Is the highest I would go.

cdscowboy
04-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Gotta love the H4 conveersion, but I'm wondering how long before mine start to leak. The rubber mount on the top doesnt look leakproof at all.

I make covers that will prevent water from ever getting into your headlight housings. PM me for details.

I did the same conversion w/PIAA Xtreme Whites. One of my favorite upgrades I've ever done!!!

shepherd79
04-06-2004, 05:49 PM
good H4 conversion will cost you about $40-60 for lenses and about $80 for bulbs.

MrBen
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
I make covers that will prevent water from ever getting into your headlight housings. PM me for details.

I did the same conversion w/PIAA Xtreme Whites. One of my favorite upgrades I've ever done!!!

Those things work great.

DeathRat
04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
The H4's I got only use the 100W on High beams & 55W on the Low beams.
I paid much lower than most, as I have my own store & therefore buy at a lower cost. The retail value though on the APC Diamond H4 Conversion Headlamps are around $32 CAN each & the H4 bulbs I got were around $20 CAN each. I'll be only using the High beams for short bursts on dark roads, so I think I'll be okay for awhile. It rained last night & the headlamps remained perfectly dry, so I guess the rubber grommets are working okay for now too.

When I do replace the wiring to the bulbs.....Do I have to replace the entire harness? or just the wires from the Headlamp switch to the bulbs?