PDA

View Full Version : cluth cable ?

$mokenB'$
04-06-2004, 09:35 AM
is it hard to install a clutch cable or should i take it to the shop.... i got it tightned all the way, i think its starting to go. does anyone know how to do it or has any input would be great :dunno: :help:

AZmike
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
So you've maxxed out the adjustment and you release arm still has more than about 1/4" of play?

$mokenB'$
04-06-2004, 01:03 PM
i think i maxed the adjustment and not sure about the 1/4 of play but the friction point is right where i want it.

BMS
04-06-2004, 01:33 PM
You should adjust the cable to the factory specs, not to where you "want it". Honda made it like that for a reason. Get used to it the way it's supposed to be. That's the easiest thing to do.

$mokenB'$
04-07-2004, 06:30 AM
:ugh: ummmm theres a reason why the clutch cable it adjustable... they even made it a plastic noob that u can just turn by hand... thats cuz wires can get warn over time and stretch hints the reason why i adjusted it in the first place... when i let the clutch petal all the way up and hit the gas it would just rev the engine CUZ THE CABLES WARN :uh: i moved the friction point down and now it doesnt do it.

my question is could i put a clutch cable in or should i have a mechanic do it?????????

Vinny
04-07-2004, 06:43 AM
the cable actually doesn't stretch that much. I changed mine out after I replaced my tranny because I thought the same thing. We measured both cables up here at the base and there was VERY little difference between the old cable and the new cable.

As far as changing it is VERY easy. The hardest part is laying upside down undewr the dash to get the cable off the clutch pedal. Other than that its not hard. I think it took my about 20 minutes total

badmanferg
04-08-2004, 03:43 PM
yea its a fairly simple job, took me a half hour an a couple of coronas...an i hope you got small hands to get under that dash b...my hands came out mangled in the end