PDA

View Full Version : My Front Bumber Lip

Guyver007
07-13-2002, 01:05 PM
SUp guys sorry to post this again but i cant find the old thread.. If you might remember i posted that iw as gonna put a camaro Lip on my car, well i did it looks aight not too bad You guys might not like it cause its not as good looking as all of your accords... Well ill be posting up the pics as soon as i can get the digi cam working..

toastyghost
07-13-2002, 02:00 PM
Pics please! :)

Guyver007
07-13-2002, 02:05 PM
:mad:I CANT BELIEVE THIS SHIT MY CAM IS SCREWED IT WONT OPEN UP TO LET ME DOWNLOAD THE PICS!!! GRRR IM DOWNLOADING THE NEW SOFTWARE NOW HOPEFULLY I CAN GET THEM DOWN WITH THAT GRRR.... ITs A Logitech Quick Cam travler any ideas any one?....

Accord7SE_i
07-13-2002, 02:24 PM
ya i would like to see it:stupid:

Guyver007
07-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Alrighty Guys please dont laugh at me heres my Accord page with the pics cause I DONT KNOW HOT TO POST THEM UP IN HERE! so anyway have fun let me know what yall think...

http://www.geocities.com/daguyverx18/

Three times incase it didnt com out the first..

shepherd79
07-15-2002, 12:28 PM
looks good.
try to take a better pictures if you can.
it is hard to see in the corners.
but it is looking good. :)

Guyver007
07-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Thanks yea im headin over to a friends house she got a digi cam a 700 doller digi cam so that should show some real good pics but itll be at night so it might be a lil dark in some pics hopefully the flash will help ill post up maybe tonight or tomorrow peace out guys till then ..

GreenMachine
07-15-2002, 04:26 PM
ya more close ups would be good

TeKKnoTeKK
07-15-2002, 05:13 PM
nice job on that man

Jims 86LXI HB
07-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Well I'm impressed. It looks more like honda thought it up than any of the other front spoilers I've seen, and to me that's pretty near impossible to pull off. Two thumbs way up mister:super:

MoonScryer
07-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, an original idea. I like. I may have to do that :D

Accord7SE_i
07-15-2002, 11:07 PM
GO with the clear lights also get it painted if you can. it will look really good. Because right now it doesnt look they way it should. But it thing i little paint job will make it look so cool:super:

Accord7SE_i
07-15-2002, 11:09 PM
sorry if you cant under stand that.!!!!!!!!:p

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-16-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey man sweet idea! The Bumper looks aggresive!!! Need more pics :super:

89accordlxi
07-16-2002, 06:07 AM
Now THAT is what I call a front lip. I have been waiting a very long time for someone to do a front lip that wasn't a CRX one. I don't have anything against the crx ones though, I just needed something more aggressive. The camaro lip is definitely aggressive..

Looks very good. More pics would be appreciated. A corner view and close ups would be great..

Good Job.

Peace out..

87Hybrid
07-16-2002, 04:24 PM
I like it. You should write a How To for mark to put on the site!

dXsquared
07-16-2002, 05:48 PM
i was scopein out a Ford Aerostar today and it had a real sweet bumper lip on it. I am going to do some more research and see what it would look like and maybe some photochopin. i will find a Aerostar to measure and maybe get a lip.
Travis
:bow: :super:

Jims 86LXI HB
07-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 87Hybrid
I like it. You should write a How To for mark to put on the site!

Yeah a very good idea.:p

Guyver007
07-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Sup Guys.. Well thank you all for the comments yall make me feel so damn proud of my accord hehehe , well i kinda explained how i did the work but like i said my cam is screwed so i gotta get someone to lend me theres that i know that way i can give plenty of detail... But i can tell you right now it takes alot of cutting.. Off the factory bumber.. The camaro lip was actually longer it reached up to the riim edge covering the tires so i had to cut it down to the same size as the factory bumber... i gave my friend ideas as well to do his own lip he doesnt realy like the idea of the camaro lip.. so lets see what he comes up with. He recently joined up as Chronodx87.. My next project im working on right now is my back bumber DONT GET YALL HOPES UP im doing some research on what i can fit on to it so till i find one that fits ill then post, im also working on the Side skirts im looking at the camaro for that as well but i dont know if itll fit.... Any who... Ive had a lil problem with my brakes my disk keeps geting bent and the mechanic that refined them freakin' screwed the bolts on and unthreaded the bolts so i had to hammer,cut, saw, bend and screw up the rim a bit thank got it was my gurls rims heheh i lent her my rims and it was her rim that i couldnt take out but anywho umm my brakes are screwed so im working on that as well as my right side tire cause it keeps geting the bolts loose not that i replaced them man my whole freaking steering is screwed up my car shakes after 35 wobbles at 5 and my right cv joint makes noise when i turn as well as my car wanting to go to the right all the time.. and my calipers stay stuck and are over heating my brake disk's.. Sorry for the book yall but had to take advantage ima be busy for a few days with my steering and brakes .. peace !!!...

toastyghost
07-16-2002, 11:30 PM
That looks really nice but sticks out like other people said because of the different colors, but it will be sweet once you get some paint on it. Hell black primer to blend it with the rest of your bumper would look ok too (I may have to do this for a while, depends how long to save $ for paint job and also how long to make custom kit.)

Wtf is an Aerostar? I was noticing the other day the Windstar van has a bumper that I think would look pretty dope on our cars. If someone wants to try it then feel free to gank my idea because I am sticking with my other one of reshaping stock bumpers. Oh yeah and my rims are on the way! Body work soon! w00t for me

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Hey when you said "But i can tell you right now it takes alot of cutting.. Off the factory bumber.." do you mean cutting the accord bumper or just the camaro bumper lip? :confused:

ChronoDX87
07-17-2002, 08:58 AM
off the factory bumber.. The part where the facotry bumber in the middle where it looks like a mouth that has like some peaces that make somewhatr a large grill and the bottom part that hold the bumber UNDER the car to the chases you have to cut cause the camaro lip has this part that go's Into the radiator part ,, aghhhh Guys just be patiant please ill get some real nice close ups and better pics on how to do it but give me some time my digi cam is screwed up i need to get with my homegurl and take the pics but shes working...

Guyver007
07-19-2002, 02:03 PM
New pix are up! (Thanx 2 Mitsu)

http://www.geocities.com/daguyverx18/2.html

ChronoDX87
07-22-2002, 09:48 AM
I guess nobody likes the pics ... HEHEHEHE

Guyver007
07-22-2002, 02:29 PM
:crying: Yea i guess nobody does like the pics... Anyway i went to a body shop to find out how much it would cost to get my bumber painted and they said 150 Dollers.. They also said that they can make it into one whole peace if i wanted to.. and it would actually turn into part of the bumber without it looking like it was added on or anything so it would actually look like an actual kit.... There for thats what ima doo... but first i gotta fix everything that has to do with my fornt tires.. 1: Cv joints 2:Brake disc's and calipers 3:New set of tires....oh yea and my Ac.. :D soo before october my car might be painted and my front bumber will look like a kit bumber.. not to mention the sideskirts ima get off either a 90 -94 camaro or a 95 to 98 camaro i like the 95-98 side skirts cause they kinda have a wave on it but i like the lil scoop kinda intake hole on the 90-94 sideskirts.... heres a pic of what the side skirt looks like.. http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/chevcamaro93.htm

phatphipps86
07-24-2002, 12:33 PM
sup i am modding my bumper and first i cut out the factory plasitc grill and added my own mesh grill with fog lights included. but i like your idea. and i think i am going to remod my bumper with the front lip and mesh. just wondering what year you got that lip off of.

Guyver007
07-24-2002, 01:48 PM
89 camaro RS its screwed them

Guyver007
07-24-2002, 04:12 PM
I dunno what you guys think about this...http://www.geocities.com/daguyverx18/accord_with_kit.jpg

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-24-2002, 08:25 PM
That looks good, has that pic been photoshoped? Just seems like the grill area is a bit BIG, but other than that i like it. Go for it :super:

stgardner
07-28-2002, 06:09 AM
The lip looks very nice. I also like the 6-spoke wheels visibile in one of the pictures. What are they?

Also, to the person looking at the Aerostar lip, what year Aerostar was that?

Shagen
08-03-2002, 09:20 AM
I dont like it