PDA

View Full Version : Full exhaust systems

urd_86hb
04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Im sure i missed it somewhere, but who all sells full cat-back exhaust systems for 3G Accords? I know Monza Pacesetter sells a kit, but I havent seen anyone else selling them. Also, would it be cheaper to go to a muffler shop and have them make me a custom full-piping system? What size would be best? 2.25"? 2.5"? Hell, maybe even 3"? I dont give a shit how loud it is. I am looking for the louder the better. Who sells headers for 3geez as well?should I look into 4-2-1 or just 4-1?I am looking for something not too expensive, but not too cheap either, cuz cheap stuff is usually cheaply made. :rice:

zero.counter
04-06-2004, 02:00 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
This is a good forum to find your answer...

86AccordLxi
04-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Pacesetter currently makes the only cat-back exhaust for the 3g accord, though there is rumor that DC sports used to make a catback as well. In any event, your best (and cheapest) bet is to have an exhaust custom made at an exhuast shop. Get 2.25 inch piping and you should be set, along with the muffler of your choice. As to a header (singular, since there's only one), do a search and you'll find a wealth of information. Basically there are 2: pacesetter and dc sports. Pacesetter is cheaper (by far) but not as good quality (many people will argue that this is a huge understatment). A DC sports header will run about 300-330 if you can find a store with them in stock (i think they might be discontinued, though I could be wrong). Check the marketplace because they always come up.

Alex

Bloodlust
04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
You could go to your local midas and have them make a custom cat back exhaust system. Make it 2.5 inches.

Darkside
04-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Don't get 2.5 inch, it's too big. You'll lose your low end. Go with 2.25. Darkside

86AccordLxi
04-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, Darkside is right, you don't need bigger than 2.25.

Alex

urd_86hb
04-07-2004, 12:02 PM
What all do I need in the exhaust system? Just a Cat? Or should I have them make a full stright pipe system with a muffler on the end? I do want it to be frikkin loud.

Bloodlust
04-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Darkside is right, you don't need bigger than 2.25.

Alex

Sorry at the time i was thinking of CAI. That you should make 2.5. Cat back should be 2.25. Sorry bout that.

86AccordLxi
04-07-2004, 02:43 PM
No worries Bloodlust. As to your exhaust, you can get a new (high flow) cat and then have them do the piping to the back, or just have them give you new piping from your current cat back so you can just keep your cat. Choose a muffler, either take one in or buy one there, and then just have them hook it all up.

Alex

shepherd79
04-07-2004, 04:23 PM
What all do I need in the exhaust system? Just a Cat? Or should I have them make a full stright pipe system with a muffler on the end? I do want it to be frikkin loud.

well, first lets start with what you will need to keep.
if you have emission test you will have to keep catalitic converter. you may be able to slide by with high flow cat. it all depends on the rules in your state.

second, loud doesn't mean more power. loud is just plain stupid and annoying. you may want to check with your city and state about noise regulations. if it is too loud you can get a ticket everytime a cop pulls you over for noise regulation. i know around here it is about $300 for having exhaust too loud.

at the end you will want to get something that sounds good. trust me, when you have loud exhaust you will sound like redneck with exhaust leak.
you can always get one of those cheap cherry bomb mufflers. they are glass packed. the glass will melt aventually and it will sound like total shit.

I have on my car Pacessetter headers, with straight pipe, and dynomax muffler. it is sounds nice and deep, but it is not loud so i can get pull over or look like redneck.

P.S. it is true that DC sports used to make cat back system. they stoped making them about 3-4 years ago. i haven't seen anyone who has it. plus, DC sports stoped making headers for our car just recently.
look in market section. i believe someone was selling full exhaust with headers and muffler for $400+ shipping
here is the link http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=32640

urd_86hb
04-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Where I live, I have no emissions regulations. I also seriously doubt I would be pulled over for my exhaust. There is a guy in my town who has a 69 or 70 Plymouth Cuda with a crate 502 Hemi or something like that, and he runs headers with straight pipes. I think it would take quite a feat to be louder than him.

So is the Pacesetter stuff halfway decent? Someone told me one time that they had headers and catback exhaust, all by pacesetter, and they thought it was the shittiest stuff they had ever bought. If no one else has had any problems with it, ill just count him as full of BS.

shepherd79
04-08-2004, 08:18 AM
i have seen people who had problems with them, on the other hand never had any problems.
the problem with pacessetter is that they use shitty metal and it will rust if you don't strip the black paint and pait them or ceramic coat them.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
04-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Im sure i missed it somewhere, but who all sells full cat-back exhaust systems for 3G Accords? I know Monza Pacesetter sells a kit, but I havent seen anyone else selling them. Also, would it be cheaper to go to a muffler shop and have them make me a custom full-piping system? What size would be best? 2.25"? 2.5"? Hell, maybe even 3"? I dont give a shit how loud it is. I am looking for the louder the better. Who sells headers for 3geez as well?should I look into 4-2-1 or just 4-1?I am looking for something not too expensive, but not too cheap either, cuz cheap stuff is usually cheaply made. :rice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2471388873&rd= <GO HERE

Cyric_accord
04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Shit, don't buy it from there... I've found deals on the system for like $130-140 bucks... that's an expensive auction

89cordlx
04-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Sean told I should went with the pacesetter catback instead of getting custom mandrel bent pipes. but I am happy with my choice!

Tecknixia
04-08-2004, 05:07 PM
What is the size of the stock pipes?

Cyric_accord
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
What is the size of the stock pipes?

Stock Exhaust pipes are 1 3/4 inch

smufguy
04-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Sean told I should went with the pacesetter catback instead of getting custom mandrel bent pipes. but I am happy with my choice!

thats because you wanted mandrel bent :rolleyes: You dont need manderel bent for a NA motor with just an exhaust and intake and a cam. Its just not needed. A press bend is half its price and does not hurt your performance. I have seen people get deals on a mandrel bent catback for aroun $100 and its no kidding. BUt its here in Newark, nj where everything is shitty. So yeah, If you want manderel bent shitty ass piping, Pacesetter is your answer. But if you want a quality one and worth every penny, get an exhaust made from a local well known performance shop that does press bend. It look pretty close to a mandrel bend.

dammit, i should take a pic of my exhaust now to say how they look like