PDA

View Full Version : Oil light!

jagojon3
04-07-2004, 08:21 AM
After i started up my car this morning about 1 minute later my oil light started flashing, and it's never been on before. So I pulled over to check my oil level, and it's fine. I started her back up after that and no more oil light. Does anybody know what this means?

NXRacer
04-07-2004, 08:52 AM
your oil light flashed? did it flash on and off more then once? Usually if your oil level is fine and your light is on it means you have low oil pressure for some reason. I'd get it checked out if the light comes on again. You could have a more serious problem on your hands if you let it go.

'A20A3'
04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Could be a faulty oil pump...

AZmike
04-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Had you just taken a sharp left U-turn? It's sometimes enough to get a little air in the oil pickup. Or was the car just sitting for that minute?

XxDark_AccordxX
04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Mine did that when i made a really sharp u-turn. The car got real shaky too. Could have been the way i balanced the clutch tho...dont know.

'A20A3'
04-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Mine has done that before after a sharp u-turn, the oil sloshes all to one side and the pump can't get any for those few seconds.

jagojon3
04-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Well I made a regular left turn... coulda been sharp. Haven't had any probs since. Don't say its my oil pump!!! jk I really hope not. Yea it just flashed on and off constantly until I shut the car off...

AZmike
04-07-2004, 05:03 PM
The light flashes if there is a brief drop in oil pressure. If the light stayed on all the time I might suspect the oil pump. I think you're fine.

shepherd79
04-07-2004, 05:17 PM
you probably turned too sharp. i get that sometimes.

SiR
04-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Once is startes flashing, it will continue to flash until you shutoff and restart.

HondaBoy
04-08-2004, 11:00 AM
heh, i remember when my 3gee did this. i had pulled into my driveway really fast from the busy road. it went off right after i turned it off and restarted it. thats pretty normal when taking hard turns. it would be nice if there was a race friendly oil pan and pump for our cars. i havent seen any, so too bad they dont.

Malt Beverage
04-08-2004, 06:00 PM
My freind has a 1974 VW Super Beetle... When ever we corner hard in that thing, ie onramp, the oil light goes on. My 3geez has does this too when i do sharp cornering... Less so after a fresh oil change.

Coitis1
04-08-2004, 06:10 PM
mine does something kinda like that. Whenever i start it up, the oil light is on for sec. then goes off. Happens everytime. The oil level is fine. I'm taking it in soon anyways, its been about 4000 miles since an oil change, i'm thinking maybe the oil is just a little thick when it first start up and needs to be circulated. Either way, i'm not shelling out more money on this car than i have to.

Pro_Mod_Accord
04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Take this advice...Before you start taking things apart and spending money..Try changing your oil and oil filter. When was the last time you changed your oil?? Try it, it worked for me....

Pro_Mod_Accord
04-09-2004, 02:39 PM
:sad2:
mine does something kinda like that. Whenever i start it up, the oil light is on for sec. then goes off. Happens everytime. The oil level is fine. I'm taking it in soon anyways, its been about 4000 miles since an oil change, i'm thinking maybe the oil is just a little thick when it first start up and needs to be circulated. Either way, i'm not shelling out more money on this car than i have to.

accordlxi2.0
04-10-2004, 02:49 PM
yea an oil change does help.
before i changed my oil, i would start it up the light would stay on for about 15 sec.
and the level was fine, chaged the oil,and filter, now it goes off quick . . . . . . . .

hey don't our car come with a feature where it disable's the pump if it get low or if the light come's on?