PDA

View Full Version : Helped a guy with his 3g and found a note on my car

Sabz5150
04-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Quite the eventful day. I went over to the local junkyard to grab myself a timing belt tensioner and a guy walks up and wants help with his 3g hatch. He wasn't mechanically inclined, so I offered my services. We replaced the front bumper, rearview mirror, the front seats and bolted his side motor mount back up (the bolt was missing so the engine was just flopping around in the bay. Bad Thing (TM) )

He bought the tensioner for me for helping him out ($20) so all in all everything worked out great.

Got back to my car and found that someone left a note on my ride, apparently a member of 3geez. Said he saw my car here and wans ideas of what to do with his 3g. I'll have to give him a call soon (I took a shower and nap after today's junkyard misadventures).

If ya left the note on my car and you're a member, drop me your AIM screen name and we'll chat :)

bobafett
04-07-2004, 04:53 PM
ahhh isnt that sweet

87AccordsterLx
04-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Small world huh? :) I love how the passion for cars can bring people together. I have met a lot of really cool people just because I own a 3rd gen Accord...

Elijah
04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Thats ironic isnt it.You have to love our 3g community.

A20A1
04-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Awe... how sweet

hugs,

Mike :D

nswst8
04-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I never leave anyone who looks like they need help. Just the other day went to Walmart parked next to a car with a flat now usually I wouldn't notice this to much but it was raining and cold turned out to belong to a retired army gentleman change the flat and got him on his way faster than the auto club could have.
Hey you did a good thing and that I believe is the trait of a noble person.
Phil :cheers:

AQcz
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Guess i'm the only thinking that note was a ticket (maybe my NY state of mind *whatever that is*).

Anyway, that is cool.

Blue Impact
04-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Aww, reminds me of that time I left a note on Junior's car in front of this Mexican restaurant...:D

87AccordsterLx
04-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Sooo... anyone going to confess? Come on... who was it? :)

SharkyX
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Sabz!!! Dude where about in Richmond are you man, im here too we need to meet up. Been looking for other Richmond 3gee owners. And it was not me that left the note. Im assuming you were CAP, so that means we have another Richmond'er lurking around here.

Bloodlust
04-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah 3geez has brought me many friends. Actually all my friends are from 3geez :D People around here are assholes, so i have to travel at least a half hour to meet someone cool.

erics86dx
04-08-2004, 09:15 PM
ummm i know no one from here i just talk to em but thats fun too

86LXItooFAST4me
04-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Is there anyone here from austin? because i went to "TRUDY'S" ( a local resturant) three times and there is a lower dark blue 86-87 accord with a xeon or whatever you call it body kit and a rice wing on the back. the inter is all white. it looks ok but its lowered and has the stock steal 13" rims with autozone hub caps (HAHA). just wondering if he is on this board. ill try and get some pics for all to see but just wanted to know if he(or she) is on here.

HostileJava
04-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah 3geez has brought me many friends. Actually all my friends are from 3geez :D People around here are assholes, so i have to travel at least a half hour to meet someone cool.

I was going to say what do you mean everyone around here is assholes, then I saw the travel 30min part :D

Yes our community rocks and I know the older members all have made quite a few friends through the site and there cars.

Cheeseburger
04-10-2004, 01:18 PM
too bad no one wlant to meat here in so cal

DanLXI88
04-10-2004, 01:32 PM
too bad no one wlant to meat here in so cal
:crying: :violin:
Don't feel bad I am in the same boat as you so :welcome: to the club

Cheeseburger
04-10-2004, 02:20 PM
:crying: :violin:
Don't feel bad I am in the same boat as you so :welcome: to the club

lol i feel honord in being in the loner club lol. after high school everything Changed i dont go out any more like i use to. and the majoraty of my friends live far away from my house so. i now theres a good # of 3geezers here in so cal but everytime i put up a meet no one replies

DeathRat
04-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Thats ironic isnt it.You have to love our 3g community.
Ain't that the truth!
After I joined here, I found about 10 other 3Geez members right here in my own town too! :rockon:

maka_RTH
04-11-2004, 01:28 PM
there's like nobody in Utah from 3geez. i've only seen like two other people

Busted_Blue
04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
I joined 3geez solely to meet other 3gee members! Well thats the reason I joined the forums. I looked at the info as a guest for the longest time till the first sac meet which is why I joined and started posting. Made a couple friends. Hope to make more :)