PDA

View Full Version : Dropzone Springs

87pimpsterdocious
07-13-2002, 04:08 PM
I saw that the LowAccord2 guy was selling these on ebay and I'm just wondering if they're any good? I think they're made by the o.z. rim company but not sure.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 89 Lxi racer
the kyb struts I bought from wicked machine racing doesnt fit over the dropzone sleeve....
I couldnt find any other brand of coilovers out there for the 3geez

Ok the above is from a post where 89 Lxi racer was trying to sell
set of dropzone coilovers in the market place section. My question is if they didn't work with oem replacement struts, why would they fit over any of the performance struts. But he just might have been streaching the truth so he would not have to tell the real reason for not wanting them, just a sladerious thought on my part,...opps:huh:

jigga225
07-17-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm doin the drop tomorrow with the dropzone springs. Supposed to be a 2.5 inch drop. I am replacing the Suspension techniques that ride very good but they just arent low enbough.

I'll let you know how everything goes

87pimpsterdocious
07-18-2002, 10:50 PM
cool, thanks man

jigga225
07-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Okay Im back and I now have the drop I want....
I replaced the suspension tech springs with the dropzone 2.25 springs and it was a little better.

Off to SEARS for an alignment. Rides very nice (near stock with my tokicos). Halfway there I stopped and took a look since they had to settle after hanging on jack stands. ..... It looked alright. Looked dropped TO ME, after remembering what it was before.

But I knew that I would want more. SO i turned around and went home. I needed more man. So I cut the Suspension tech springs on the third coil down and took the DROPZONE'S OFF.

Now its like I want. It looks tite!. Only a little more bounce when I cut the springs though.
My DROPZONES ARE BACK ON Ebay for 80 bux

Jims 86LXI HB
07-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Whoa!, that's low. 3 coils? I corumba:D I'm not a fan of drops that low, but I would like to see a picture of what ya did, and I'm sure their are others that would like to see it.:werd:

Big Body LX
07-19-2002, 09:38 PM
So the question is... did the dropzones drop it lower than the suspension techniques and how low was it?

jigga225
07-20-2002, 08:27 AM
Yeah, the dropzones did go lower than the Suspension techs.
But I knew I would want lower.

Nah it's not as low as that pic!!
I'm working on geting this film developed... So you all can see pics!!