PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP ASAP!!!

88LXi68
07-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Well today I started my conversion to 5spd, well.... nothing has really been done :( I cant get the tranny cracked loose from the engine. it seems that there is 1 bolt stuck somewhere. I have checked my 5spd tranny and it looks like I got all the bolts except for 1 which is in between those two black brackets that hook to the dogbone or torque rod. I am at the point of no return yet I have not done anything! So what I am asking is how many bolts are there to be taken out and is the torque rod brackets needed to be out? any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

YK86
07-13-2002, 06:56 PM
One of the starter bolts goes through to the engine, plus there's a bolt on the back side (I think for the rear tranny mount) that goes from the engine and screws into the tranny. Make sure you get all those out.

rocky2
07-13-2002, 07:36 PM
There might be a couple of bolts way low on the dog bone bracket in oppisite direction of majority of rest of bolts.

88LXi68
07-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Got the starter bolts and the rear tranny mount. I will have to check tomorrow about the dogbone bolts going the other way. thanks guys for the response.

shepherd79
07-14-2002, 06:10 AM
i had the same problem when i was taking my trany out.
there is a bold that goes from the other side. you will have to get under the car. i found that it is easy to remove it with a lot of extensions and impact wrench.