PDA

View Full Version : English middleman!

Civvy
04-08-2004, 06:50 AM
well guys, its all about helping each other out rite? rite! 5 speed b20's aren't that rare over here 2gen or 3gen! (2nd gens lean 4ward so they go faster! :rofl: ) anything u can think of from England u need,mail me! I'll do my best! I kinda live in the north and the south. Therefore I can access lots of parts!

John

Gregg86DX
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
The biggest challenge is finding the B2K5 or F2K5 B20A 5 speed transmission. These are hard to find in the states. I'd be curious how difficult it would be to find them in the UK and how much they cost over there. The big issue, of course, would be the cost of shipping them to the US.

Personally, I'd like to find an 88-89 B20A ECU. That would make my install pretty much plug and play.

Gregg

Civvy
04-09-2004, 04:11 AM
well! i know where there is a B20A 5speed.

I've got a 86 lude ECU if thats anything near???

Like u said it depends on thr cost of shipping :sad2:

ET2
04-09-2004, 07:05 AM
and don't forget $1 pound = $1.83 us ouch :sad2:

carotman
04-09-2004, 10:19 AM
For your information, the Euro B20A had a vacucum dustributor for all the years and an intake manifold similar to the 86-87 Accord/Lude Therefore it's ECU would be similar to a USDM 86-87 Accord/Lude

Gregg86DX
04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
For your information, the Euro B20A had a vacucum dustributor for all the years and an intake manifold similar to the 86-87 Accord/Lude Therefore it's ECU would be similar to a USDM 86-87 Accord/Lude

hmmm, that is good to know. In my case, I'm looking for an ECU that will work with my B20A distributor. It would be nice if it supportted the 2-stage intake manifold, but that's not so critical. Especially if I go with the B16 manifold. I think my plan is going to be to use the A20 ECU and Integra dist. for the short run, and eventually move to a either a PK2 or possibly a P75 ECU.

Aren't you setting yours up for the PK2? How is that going?

Gregg

carotman
04-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I'll use the PK2 ECU in the future. But when the engine will be done, it will use the A20A ecu first. It's at the machine shop since febuary and the guy seems to be taking his time...

Anyway, I already routed the wires for the distributor in the wire harness It shouldn't be that hard to make a PK2 ECU to work....

I'll try to make a write up on that this week.

Civvy
04-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Do u not fancy twin dcoe's? that'd be faster!!?

Ichiban
01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
hey civvy im really interested in doing a 1gen and 2gen with an A18 or A20 engine. I can fabricate engine mounts, that is not a problem (i do "freelance" welding and fabricating in my shop). what concerns me is spline patterns on CV shafts vs differentials. I have dry fit a twin-carb A18 engine/tranny combo from a prelude into my 2gen and can make it fit, however must fab front engine mount and relocate alternator or *slightly modify the frame rail for the req'd clearance. the original cv shafts do fit the prelude tranny....anyways i was wondering if you knew much and would be willing to share info regarding......will A20 engine bolt to A18 tranny bellhousing?.....will twin carb and mani from A18 bolt to or be desireable on an a20?....should i bother with an A20 or is the A18 good enough?
since there is no dedicated page for 1gen or 2gen accords i figured you guys might be able to help....

rjudgey
01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
He doesn't know he gave his A18 to me to muck about with!! He's all B20A!! The block on A18 and A20 are identical except for the bore size, which is 80mm on A18 and 82.75mm on A20 so do what you want really, re-bore, or use A20 if it's not worn, or even re-bore the A20 to 83mm or 83.25mm, also the heads are interchangeable, but the A20 head you can fit B16/B18 twin Weber inlet manifold onto which are available from Jenvey, pierce, or redline, or you can use the A20A1 inlet manifold for downdraught carb and fit a wbeer DGV 32/36 or 38/38. The choice is yours!!

Civvy
01-23-2005, 09:34 AM
hey civvy im really interested in doing a 1gen and 2gen with an A18 or A20 engine. I can fabricate engine mounts, that is not a problem (i do "freelance" welding and fabricating in my shop). what concerns me is spline patterns on CV shafts vs differentials. I have dry fit a twin-carb A18 engine/tranny combo from a prelude into my 2gen and can make it fit, however must fab front engine mount and relocate alternator or *slightly modify the frame rail for the req'd clearance. the original cv shafts do fit the prelude tranny....anyways i was wondering if you knew much and would be willing to share info regarding......will A20 engine bolt to A18 tranny bellhousing?.....will twin carb and mani from A18 bolt to or be desireable on an a20?....should i bother with an A20 or is the A18 good enough?
since there is no dedicated page for 1gen or 2gen accords i figured you guys might be able to help....

The Accord head has larger intake ports plus the extra cc, and has more aftermarket support (should you want to modify it) so it would prolly be better for dollar.
However, the good old 1602 were good with a custom mani and twin DCOE's if all you want is more power.
Axles are easy, u just need to keep the outer c.v's and use the inners from the new tranny, cut the hollow shaft and join it with a long pice of oversize, weld it up and have it balanced.