PDA

View Full Version : chrome interior

urd_86hb
04-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey I saw in my Street Outlaws DVD I got through my sponsorship, Sport Compact Pro, a few cars that had what looked to be chrome plated floorboards. It looked like some bumpers on trucks or stuff like that. Is that something that has to be custom done, or does somebody make them for installation? My floor carpeting is all worn out and ripped and I would like to put something else in. If I could do that, it would be easier to clean up after dumbass friends of mine after they spill sodas in my damn car. I also kinda wanna make a custom center console so that I have a cup holder so when I go thru the McDonalds drive thru My soda doesnt sweat and make me look like I pissed my pants. Thats an embarassing situation. :banghead:

Mike's89AccordLX
04-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Who are you sponsored by and how come? I believe you're talking about Diamond Plate Floor Mats.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472009111&category=33697

Diamond plate comes in many different types of designs. Here's a different design: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2471412427&category=33697

Mike's89AccordLX
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Can you post pics of your car b/c I would like to see that custom paint job. It must be mint to be sponsored with just the mods you have listed.

-Mike

Andrew
04-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey I saw in my Street Outlaws DVD I got through my sponsorship, Sport Compact Pro, a few cars that had what looked to be chrome plated floorboards. It looked like some bumpers on trucks or stuff like that. Is that something that has to be custom done, or does somebody make them for installation? My floor carpeting is all worn out and ripped and I would like to put something else in. If I could do that, it would be easier to clean up after dumbass friends of mine after they spill sodas in my damn car. I also kinda wanna make a custom center console so that I have a cup holder so when I go thru the McDonalds drive thru My soda doesnt sweat and make me look like I pissed my pants. Thats an embarassing situation. :banghead:

It's probably just aluminum checker plate, you can buy it at any steel/aluminum supply. You might be able to pick up some waste pieces from a company that manufactures truck decks/boxes. The hard part is cutting them to size, you pretty much have to use a plasma to do that, you rent one at a some of the larger rental companies like Hertz Rentals or Rental Service Corporation. It might be easier to make a cardboard pattern and take it to a sheet metal shop and pay someone to do it though, you might get away with buying them a case of beer or something.

urd_86hb
04-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I am sponsored by Sport Compact Pro. No, my paint job is not mint. It actually looks bretty crappy. I just used some spraypaint and made a design on the side of my car. I just used some blue paint. Its not really glossy or anything. Right now Im just experimenting with designs. When i find one I like, Im gonna sand it all the way down and primer it, then paint it with metallic spraypaint. I just did a Honda "H" on my hood today with metallic silver spraypaint. I took my time and sanded it and it looks like a real "H" decal. I hope to post pics sometime in the next week or so.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Shit I need to get sponsored so I can have some spare money for more tools. I wouldn't doubt in 2 years or less my car will be in some magazine. Right now the motor is in "Show condition" IMO. The body is stockish looking with a JDM wing and painted tails, with clear signals and corners. I just want to get a custom paint job, lower it, and tint the windows. And I think I will be set to put it in some shows.

-Mike

NXRacer
04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm raising the :bs: flag on the sponsorship. Esp if you're car is anywhere from mint condition.

diamond plate floor pan, metallic "H" on the hood = :rice:

steve-024
05-10-2004, 09:53 PM
haha that is the most BS ever , why would u spray paint your car if you are sponsored and why are you on this site asking guys about diamond plating ? i just dont get it with soem guys and why they need to lie alot :rice:

pixiesfan78
05-13-2004, 05:07 PM
i think somebodys got penis envy.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

pixiesfan78
05-13-2004, 07:52 PM
street outlaws dvd!! am i just high or is that fucking humorouse

Mattphi
05-15-2004, 07:17 AM
nah there really is a street outlaws dvd...they were sellin it at the ECI show in Jax. Also its on those damn infomercials on TV. Im sponsered by 3 places and my car isnt that great. So i dont really doubt him. He might be one of those "under construction" cars.

Street Outlaws (http://www.911films.com/site/central__items_id__1036__major_id__130__minor_id__ 127__itemstype_id__.html)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-15-2004, 07:27 AM
Well since I have never seen his car or posted pics of his car, it's kinda hard to believe.

Are you sponsered by local places or by who Matt?

Mattphi
05-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Yea i agree id have to see some pics too..

Yea they are local but one has another place down in Miami.

They are:
Tint It -Tinting, custom vinals, stickers
Division 6 -Paint, body work, motors
F.A.R. Performance - Interior, body work, fiberglassing, etc

Mike's89AccordLX
05-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Cool, I've been thinking I might get my car sponsered after I get it painted to my specs.

Mattphi
05-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Yeah my car is goin in the booth pretty soon. I got my quote from a guy named Wes who owes my other friend a favor. Anyways everything will be shaved and smoothed (emblems, black moldings on the side, antenna), dents fixed, and i was thinkin i was gonna kinda do an IS300 back end but instead of the round lights just leave the stock rectangular lights so i have my reverse lights still...then shave the rest of the actual trunk part (hard to explain). But im paintin it Escalade White with extra sparkle all from House of Color...everything for $500

Mattphi
05-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Also in a little while i am goin up to tha junkyard to pick up some sidemarkers to make clear markers and i am also gonna clear out my turn signals today. I am ordering my Tokico shocks n struts soon too. Other than that i am gettin DAD or w/e black racing seats (only $300), the back seats re-wrapped, some vinaling, fiberglassing and a system and ill be done...i also have my motor price and all this should be done by the end of summer if not by January.

Vanilla Sky
05-15-2004, 08:07 AM
mattphi, you need to hook me up with some sponsors, hehe

crwa
05-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Well why can't I get a sponsor with the condition and what I have done to my car???

hondamanlxi
05-16-2004, 01:11 PM
dont feel bad crwa, i wasnt sponsered! Fuck i didnt even get into any clubs...wtf

heres a pic www.cardomain.com/id/hondamanlxi (last page)

ps: i got rid of the accord

blazin3gen
05-16-2004, 04:06 PM
what u dont got the accord no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military mase
05-21-2004, 10:33 AM
:wtf: nooooooooooo!!!!!!! you had it lookin so good. What did you do with it.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-21-2004, 10:39 AM
man diamond plate floor is almost as :rice: as the rear raceing seats!

:rofl: just joking Mike!!

train
05-21-2004, 04:06 PM
hahaha, urd 86hb....you consider "custom fan wiring" a mod?? wow. i don't consider my ITR header a mod.