PDA

View Full Version : 86 3geez smoking from oil - NEED HELP

coopertaro
04-08-2004, 12:52 PM
:dunno: I was driving and my oil light light came on, so I went to QT and got some oil. Filled it up and now white smoke is coming out of exhaust. What is it? What do I need to fix? :mad:

shepherd79
04-08-2004, 12:53 PM
congratulations, you have blown headgasket.

86LXItooFAST4me
04-08-2004, 01:09 PM
check your water and see if there is oil deposits in your water. that is an easy tell if you have a blown head gasket or cracked/warped head. you might put your hand over the exhuast and see if it is what and not smoke. if it is what you have a cracked water jacket in your head. did you get it hot lately?

NXRacer
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
is there white smoke all the time or just when it first starts?? If you have white smoke more more then 5-10 minutes its a good sign your headgasket is toast. Look in your oil also and see if there is any white foam mixed in with the oil. That'll indicate you have an water to oil leak that you shouldnt have.

coopertaro
04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
I put my hand behind the exhaust and I had oil spots sprinkled on it. I did not see no oil in my radiator or water on my dipstick. Are you sure my rings are not bad.

nswst8
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
= oil burning, possible rings, valve seals, burnt valves.
White smoke that disepates after coming from exhaust = steam
But you could have a complete blow head.
Hope this helps
Phil :cheers:

Neuspeed87lx
04-08-2004, 06:54 PM
if your rings were bad you would be buring oil .... blue smoke ... white points twards coolant try doing a compression test

Pro_Mod_Accord
04-09-2004, 02:33 PM
White smoke,,it's only one possible thing. Anti-freeze coolant. You're gonna have to remove the head in order to see the problem. Look for: blown head gasket, crack(s) in head (look between valves), possible crack in bottom end, or even the fact the head could be warped. Good luck...hopefully it's only a blow head gasket.

coopertaro
04-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I have the compression tester, but how much pressure should it be putting off.

86LXItooFAST4me
04-11-2004, 04:57 AM
have you pulled all of you spark plugs to see what they look like?? see if there is oil all over them. but if i were you i would just get another head or have that one redone since you have to pull it off anyway if it was just your gasket. if i were i would get your head and intake port and polished and all that while you have it off.