PDA

View Full Version : Integra front bumer on 86 hatch..

unc25
04-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Ok guys I from what i have read the 93 integra is the closest to the width of our bumper, and probably the easiest to modify to fit.

Now my question is, has anyone every tried mounting a stock bumper in order to use a carbon fiber lip for the 93 integra bumper?
In theory it should work right?
Just a thought I had while perusing the internet..

(hey thats a big word huh? Perusing!)

Busted_Blue
04-08-2004, 01:53 PM
check out the pics of ICEMAN and various others here. They do custom work and they should know more about it. =)

HostileJava
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah it's possible to use the stock bumper, I forget the members name and he hasn't been on in a while but we did have a member who did it.

NXRacer
04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
it would be easier to mount a stock bumper to the 3g's then a body kit because most of the body kits are fiberglass which is a huge pain in the ass to mount right on the accord. Thats not a bad idea you have there. I think you should try it. :D

k-roy
04-08-2004, 03:28 PM
I can take some measurements if you want, I got a 90 LS im gonna be working on this weekend

Blue Impact
04-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess the 90-91 Integra front bumpers would flow better with the 3G Accord's body than the 92-93 Integra front bumpers. Give it a shot, kroy. I've tried my Teg's bumper on the 3G and it just doesn't look right. :D

unc25
04-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Well, I guess I better get everything straight first...I thought it was the 93 tegs that fit the best width wise, But I was looking at the 90's teg as well and it didnt look too much different but i could be totally wrong about this one.

Sometimes I get these crazy Ideas popping in my head and I just have to share them with you guys.

unc25
04-09-2004, 04:40 PM
P.S. Kroy that would be great if you could then I would be able to really check on it before running my lazy ass up to the yard to try and find one for me to measure.

HostileJava
04-09-2004, 07:00 PM
90-91 and the 92-93 had different bumper styles but the mount points and the way they fit are the same so you can use a bumper from a 90-93 with no problem.

gfrg88
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
did any one ever try this mod? i was also thinking of this but dont know if it requires a lot of modyfying.

HostileJava
03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah look in the AOM section. The member with the hatch has a modified stock teg bumper.

Robs89LXi
03-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah look in the AOM section. The member with the hatch has a modified stock teg bumper.

Tried to get a hold of him several times directly (email, pm) and even through another member, but no luck. I wanted to see a "how to" on this, as the Integra bumper and ours have totally different mounting setups. Anyone know how it is/was done?

HostileJava
03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Tried to get a hold of him several times directly (email, pm) and even through another member, but no luck. I wanted to see a "how to" on this, as the Integra bumper and ours have totally different mounting setups. Anyone know how it is/was done?

When I put the aftermarket tet bumper on my car I used the metal part of the bumper from the teg. I think i described it a while back when I did it. If you search I'm sure you can find it.

Robs89LXi
03-23-2005, 06:34 PM
When I put the aftermarket tet bumper on my car I used the metal part of the bumper from the teg. I think i described it a while back when I did it. If you search I'm sure you can find it.

I've searched, but could not find anything describing how to do it. I've pulled one of ours, and one from a Teg at the junkyard and compared them side to side. They are totally different in mounting point locations side to side, front to back and even mounting bolt pattern. If you can find that thread, please post a link to it 'cause I'd sure like to know how you did it.

HostileJava
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I believe this is the thread where it was discussed:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=22545&highlight=Teg

NXRacer
03-23-2005, 07:13 PM
you need to also get the front teg bumper,( not to be confused with bumper cover). I think you use the accord bumper mounts, the integra bumper support, then you can put on the integra bumper cover and it all mounts up. I think there is just a little bit of cutting required on the teg bumper cover to fit right.

HostileJava
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah, it's been so long since I did it I can't remember what I did to get it on.

Robs89LXi
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
you need to also get the front teg bumper,( not to be confused with bumper cover). I think you use the accord bumper mounts, the integra bumper support, then you can put on the integra bumper cover and it all mounts up. I think there is just a little bit of cutting required on the teg bumper cover to fit right.

There you go thinking again :sad2: . I appreciate it, but I need facts before I go buying one.

Robs89LXi
03-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's been so long since I did it I can't remember what I did to get it on.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. In your thread, you mentioned having to do more mods each time, but never really said what it was you had to do. I see how you mounted the teg bumper directly to our mounting points though, so that at least answered one of my questions. That should take care of the side-to-side issue and get it lined up straight on that plane. Do you remember if you had to use longer bolts with maybe washers/spacers to move it out (towards the front) in order to get it lined up at the fenders? Also, do you remember if you had to drill the mounting holes in the teg bumper to match up with our existing pattern?
Thanks.