PDA

View Full Version : Yay! getting exhaust done one Tuesday

SharkyX
04-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Got a "Fart Can" as you guys liek to call it, gonna run 2.25 inc pipe down to the cat. Next project is gonna be raplacing the cat witha new one and getting a header. Any suggestions on a good CAT an where to get it. :cool:

88accordhb
04-08-2004, 10:05 PM
i don't know...but when you done, it's gonna sound really really good. nice and loud i bet. make sure you get a silencer with the farter

adams86lxi
04-08-2004, 10:38 PM
i heard catco is pretty good. you can get them on ebay for cheap.

87AccordsterLx
04-08-2004, 10:40 PM
If you are getting the "straight through" exhaust like the bomb style, I would suggest that you ask the muffler shop to put a resonator in there some where. It won't hinder performance but it will make it sound MUCH better. The setup that you are going after is going to be way to loud trust me... I went through this in my "newbie days". I had a 2.25in headers-> back with a 5 zigen exhaust. No cat and no resonator and it was crazy loud. I could hear it over my 60x4 watt Alpine CD player and 2 12" subs with a 550w Fosgate amp. Im not sure just how yours will sound but a resonator will really help.

Also, this may piss some people off but if you don't have emissions in Richmond you might consider taking the cat out yourself and breaking the insides out... Put it back on (you may need to weld) and you will notice a good power gain. If you want to keep a cat converter on just find a cheap high-flow one... I know nopionline.com sells them but they can be found for much cheaper...

adams86lxi
04-08-2004, 11:06 PM
thats true i have headers with a high flow cat and full 2.25 inch exhaust,no resonator all the way back to a straight threw revolution muffler and it is crazy loud on my b20a, but sounds real nice, but i have to drive around most of the time with my silencer in so i dont get pulled over.