PDA

View Full Version : ECU code '9'

catalin
04-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Can anyone explain this to me a little better??

"9 #1 cylinder position
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor"

Engine runs fine when it's cold but as soon as it warms and the idle drops to about 6 or 700 RPM the check engine light comes and on. The code is the above one that I found on this site.

Any ideas, anyone???

catalin
04-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I also found some info on a crank angle sensor in the PDF manual that is posted on this site. It seems like the sensor has a problem. If I need to replace this sensor, does anyone know where it is exactly? Is iit actually inside the distributor???

TWOLOUDNPROUD
04-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Time to buy a new distributor

shepherd79
04-09-2004, 03:32 AM
yeap, it is inside the distributor. our distributors are bitch to take it apart.

catalin
04-09-2004, 08:01 AM
I replaced the distributor with another used one. Have you guys had this problem before and been able to fiix it that way???

Or does it have something to do with the flywheel??? I had it ground down last year before I put it in. I made the mistake of having it done and then installing it without thinking about it too much. I don't know if i't's balanced (seemed like it :) ) and my timing mark is gone.... DOH! :sad2:

shepherd79
04-09-2004, 12:58 PM
the timing mark probably still there, your vacuum advance on distributor is not working.
you may as well get a new distributor.

smufguy
04-10-2004, 02:36 PM
shit after all the work you did, something has to go wrong ain? I know Jhonny had a hard time figuring out how to do this bullshit dist when on his last race he could not go beyond 11s in e-town cause his dist was fuckin up. Also, Area all the vaccuum lines hooked up right to the dist?