PDA

View Full Version : power wire ground wire?

puleosei89
04-09-2004, 04:41 PM
are power wires and ground wires the same thing?

bertoaccord89
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
no power is 12volts and gound is ground you need the two but if derectly connected you better run

puleosei89
04-09-2004, 04:52 PM
no power is 12volts and gound is ground you need the two but if derectly connected you better run
thanks cuz that would of sucked!

Bryan
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah....You run the power wire through the driverside firewall, hide the wire under the door molding, then you run it to the trunk. Once in the trunk hook the power wire up to the amp. Run another wire to the frame, drill a hole in the frame and put the ground wire into an eye hook kinda thing (Special round thing that wire goes into so a screw can go through the center of the hole hard to explain pm me for more details) then put the screw through the eye hole thing and drill it into the body of your car. BECAREFUL NOT to drill into the gas tank. Your power should be either 4 or 8 gauge wire along with the ground being the same size. The smaller the gauge the bigger the wire and the bigger the wire the better flow of energy/electricity. My whole car is done in 4 gauge wire. Hope that helps, pm me with more info on car install shit.
Bryan.

bboipinoy112
04-09-2004, 08:16 PM
hes wondering if . does it matter if you use a ground wire as power? or a power as ground wire. i think.

POS carb
04-10-2004, 03:27 PM
+/positive/power/12v/etc is where the power is at and -/negative/ground/gnd/etc is where it wants to go. Your electronics work by using this potential energy by slowly letting it flow from + to - and using it to power the device. If you hook + and - together there's no resistance but the wire itself so you'll have a nice meltdown if you have no fuse at that wire