PDA

View Full Version : Blackout Tails??

MyGarbageLXi
07-13-2002, 08:19 PM
hey i was wondering if someone could post apic of the Top Half of their Taillights blacked out, i know i saw it somewehre on the board, just cant find it, i wanna do taht to mine cause it looks phat , ive seeen it on some jettas and its sweet, well tahnks..

damackz
07-13-2002, 09:14 PM
dude hehe it looks good, thats how mine is, it looks alot like the blue jetta hehe even the spoiler i got is somewhat similar, as for pics i will post some soon :pimp:

Chris86Lxi
07-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Hey dude, go to the 2nd page on here in the Accord pics and look at my ride. The title of the thread is Chris86Lxi pics. I have my tails like you want. You'll love'em man on your ride.

Chris

OldSchoolSwap
07-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Wow! I never though my original black/red tails would be so popular! :eek:

I'm glad you guys are choosing this mod rather than the Altezzas.
I knew I was on the right track when I came up with this mod :super:

Enjoy!

Here are a set mine.

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/6F/4D/9922415-0953-02000172-.jpg
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/AB/AA/5989035-bc72-01960126-.jpg

Chris86Lxi
07-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Hell YEAH you were on the right track. I love my tails and it's all thanks to you. I've had so many people wonder how i did it and what the hell i used b/c the turn signals shine right through the completely black paint.
Thanks again OSS

Chris

MyGarbageLXi
07-14-2002, 07:52 PM
thanks for the info fellas, Hey OldSkoolSwap, ur ride is tight man, im really diggin taht blackout look on those tails, nice!!!, 2 questions, One...The ClearMarkerlights towards center, can u paint those too or it illegal?? secondly, where can i buy the paint and wats the damage? thanks alot guys

damackz
07-15-2002, 02:13 PM
i got mine painted and i dunno in ur state but over here it is illegal to paint ur tails any colour but i havent had a problem with mine yet......... :pimp:

OldSchoolSwap
07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MyGarbageLXi
thanks for the info fellas, Hey OldSkoolSwap, ur ride is tight man, im really diggin taht blackout look on those tails, nice!!!, 2 questions, One...The ClearMarkerlights towards center, can u paint those too or it illegal?? secondly, where can i buy the paint and wats the damage? thanks alot guys
If your talking about the clear reverse lights, yes any black painting that you do on the tails would probably be elegal however there is a New black paint on the market that is legal and will allow all of the light flash through the finish.

Chris86Lxi can tell you the brand and where he got it from.

89NinjaAccordLX
07-18-2002, 09:38 PM
If the paint is specifically FOR taillight painting... did you really "come up" with this "mod"?

OldSchoolSwap
07-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
If the paint is specifically FOR taillight painting... did you really "come up" with this "mod"? :confused: are you asking me?