PDA

View Full Version : Lip Kits?

Mattphi
04-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I know there must be some lip kits out for our cars. If not for our exact car, then what kinds of lip kits will work? I was looking at a post with a VOLVO kit? DAMN. Anyways help me out here, which lip kits work with what kind of modding? Thanks :bow:

HostileJava
04-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I believe a few members have used 2 crx lips and put them together. Also there is a JDM accord lip and of course the Volvo thing that mark did on his hatch.

Mattphi
04-09-2004, 07:40 PM
what do u mean 2 crx lips? Like cut them in half and piece them together or something? LOL sorry for the dumb question, its been a long day

HostileJava
04-09-2004, 07:43 PM
No it's ok, I didn't really explain it. Basically they aren't wide enough to fit on the accord so to get two cut them apart and put the longer ends together to get a wider lip.

shepherd79
04-10-2004, 04:33 AM
well, here is the list of the lips that will fit with some mods:
86-90 Acura Legend. the lip is too wide and too long on the sides, but you can always cut to the size.
86-87 Honda CRX. you will need 2 lips. you will have to cut and add more to the sides. it is a lot harder to do.
5G accord lip. someone on this board has it and he said it fits perfect. you can probably buy JDM type on ebay.

oh yeah, and legendary and rare 86-89 JDM honda accord lip. i used to have one, and it looked just like acura legend lip.

Rendon LX-i
04-10-2004, 11:27 AM
yeah the 5gen lips fits prefect. I put one next to my bumper and to see if it fits. It well screw right in. All u need is screws.

smufguy
04-10-2004, 02:02 PM
here is a side shot of my CRX lip.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504672_39_full.jpg

markmdz89hatch
04-20-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah, basically anything will work as long as you're willing to spend some time on it.

I just went to the junkyard and looked at every car I passed by to see if it would be a good donor. Also, just keep your eyes peeled while you're driving and you'll get some other ideas.

On my hatch, I've got a modified Mazda 626 lip, which IMO works great b/c it's a very low profile but adds a little something.

On the coupe, it's a whole different story. That's the one with the Volvo lip.

In both cases I got two full lips from the donor cars in order to complete the job. I would post pics, but you already know what they look like, so I'll save the dial-up users some time unless you want me to post em'.

HostileJava
04-20-2004, 10:03 AM
I would post pics, but you already know what they look like, so I'll save the dial-up users some time unless you want me to post em'.

Don't hold back we all know how much you like to post pics of your cars :-D