PDA

View Full Version : Where is the throttle body?

wolfort
04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Could anyone show me in pictures where is throttle body, coz one mechnision recommend me to look inside thottle body for carbon buildup, which might cause weird idle.

Sorry, i dnot know hot to post pics!
ThX!!!!!!!

A20A1
04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
You should change your user options and your profile and add info about in what car you have and all the other info that the blanks ask for.

Anyways... I'm not sure if your posting in the correct section... if they asked for throttle bocy then you don't have a carb.

BMS
04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
The throttle body is the big round lookin thing that the intake pipe goes into. The part right before the intake, where the throttle cable connects up. Be careful with questions like this though cuz I guarentee you'll get flamed like mad. Try www.google.com, I bet ten bucks it's on there.

edit: yeah, tell us about the car. there are two very different engine setups in these cars.

NXRacer
04-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Heh heh i guess i might be one of them that'd flame ya. But dont worry, i'll be nice ;)

pretty much everything you'd need to show you what all the major parts of the car are and what they look like, check out the shop manual. You can get it from here
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html
its got good illustrations and it tells you how things work. 3Geez has so many people who know so many different things you can ask just about any question and somebody has an answer.

BMS
04-10-2004, 12:22 AM
If you don't know much about the cars the best thing to do is to take about 2 days and just read read read. Start in the FAQ section, and just go down the list through How To and Performance and Mechanical. This site it a freakin goldmine for 3rd gen accord information.

Elijah
04-10-2004, 01:10 AM
He will learn. Thats what we are here for. Look under your hood. You will see something that say's pgm-fi.Well that is your intake fanifold your throttle body is attacthed to it. You will see a big black tube hose thing well you can take it off by undoing one screw. Take it off and look in. You will be looking in your throttle body.
Oh I dont think it would mess the idle where you would notice it. Just from being dirty.
Do a search on idle and you will come up with lots of different things to check into.