PDA

View Full Version : Info and questions regarding my 3g.

mnbv
04-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Right now I am fixing up the 3g so it does not look so shitty and maintaining it. I have washed and waxed it, painted the fading trim gloss black, replaced the original air filter (189,000 miles on it!) with a fram one, put new coolent in (50/50 water), put in new plugs, replaced the oil and oil filter, put more winshield solution in, checked the power steering liquid and the brake liquid, lubricated the belts and fixed the sun roof. As any 17 year old car, it still has some problems. The brakes squeak some, brake pressure is quite bad, There is a rattle from the left side, seems to be part of the suspention. I searched and some one said that is might be the dust shield. Any advice for these problems? :dunno: Also It has a bunch of dents, scraches, and some rust. My friend said to use touch up paint or some kind of product that fills in scraches to fix em. For dents I have heard dry ice will pop back small dents. What about bigger ones? For rust I plan on bondoing it up and getting some factory paint from Honda to paint over it. Is this a good idea? Overall the car looks good on the outside exept some wax that is caught between the window trim (and some is on it) and other places. How could I get that out of there? Oh yea, blinker cover on the back left side is broken. I was thinking this might be a good time to change my tail lights to an all red configuation or I could just replace that single broken part. I have no idea how I would make them all red as they are solid orange though. My licence plate in the front is messed up, I need to mount it in the right location, but I don't know the size of the screws I need. (there are already holes there) My headlights are kinda dirty looking/dim. Is it possible to clean them? Thats all I can think of for now.
Thanks.

BMS
04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
For the headlights you have to replace them, they are sealed beam, one piece, non-openable.

erics86dx
04-09-2004, 10:36 PM
man that was a bunch of questions, I dont know of anyways to make the tails all red but you can think of something if you want, and for the screws just buy some pieces from home depot and test each one i guess and see which one fits, but other then that good job on the maintenance, and welcome to the board