PDA

View Full Version : Question on HVAC control panel...

offthahook
07-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Okay, we don't have icons. Now, is it okay to run the AC with the HEAT button pushed in??? So far as I know, this HEAT button just means the air is going to your feet ONLY. However, if it actually heats the cold air or attempts to heat it somehow (??), I won't use it when the AC is on. My damn AC gets so cold, I gotta get it off my hands and face!!!! Lemme know what the deal is...

88LXi/87CRXSi
07-14-2002, 04:08 AM
Switching to the heat position just changes the vent configuration, I'm pretty sure. Now moving the sliding temp lever will open the line for your heater valve and adds heat in whatever vent mode you select tho!

offthahook
07-14-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 88LXi/87CRXSi
Switching to the heat position just changes the vent configuration, I'm pretty sure. Now moving the sliding temp lever will open the line for your heater valve and adds heat in whatever vent mode you select tho!

Werd. I rarely move the temp. slide to anywhere near the warm settings cuz that would defeat the use of the AC. Maybe I'll put it towards the center when I use the H/DEF mode. That's even rare. If I'm running AC, the temp. slide is COLD setting (all the way to the left).

87accordlxi
07-14-2002, 01:02 PM
you can run the AC on the hot settings without defeating the purpose of AC. what AC also does is de-humidify the air coming thru the vents. on cold days when the windows get fogged up on the inside (which happens easily in our cars) you can turn the AC on hot and switch it to defrost. then you'll have clear windows and a warm cabin.