PDA

View Full Version : F**king Pos Window!!

carfreak
04-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Ok, i was sitting in my passenger seat because my friend wanted to drive my car. I rolled the window down (they are power by the way) but it didn't go all the way down it got stuck at about 3/4 down. So i push the button to make it go up and the fucking window blew up and shattered all over my lap! :mad: :mad: . Now i'm all pissed off cause i just got my car lowered and now the passenger window shattered.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to get that replaced if i were to use a salvaged car's window instead of brand new? And should i get the drivers side window check to see if the same thing is going to happen to it too?

A20A1
04-10-2004, 06:17 PM
sounds like the window came out of the side groove and started to twist.

smufguy
04-10-2004, 06:57 PM
the window is about $30 at the locak junkyard i go to because its from an old car. i paid only $35 for my aunt's Infinity J30 window. The installation should not be a problem, Its suprising it actually shattered. man...... if it were to happen to me, i would be fucking scared at that second it shatted.

Bloodlust
04-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh man im sorry i couldnt help but laugh, just imagining a window smashing for no apparent reason. Sucks tho. Hope you can find a replacement.

Not like a rock
04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
When you lower a car you have to re-calibrate the windows. They have an altitude sensor that will still tell them to only go down to the stock level. That's why it didn't go down all the way. If you don't re-calibrate the sensor, the windows explode. Happens all the time.

A20A1
04-10-2004, 08:18 PM
What? are you serious... lol
I never heard of such a thing... I never had trouble with slammin the car and windows exploding. Jeez.
hehehe

Not like a rock
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
lowering your car also messes up your windshield washer nozzles. It causes them to spray over the top of the car because the washer system still thinks that the windshield is higher up...

A20A1
04-10-2004, 08:30 PM
ahahah, thats enough of that.

AQcz
04-10-2004, 09:39 PM
This rock guy is crazy lol

That's messed up though. hope ya get it fixed

smufguy
04-10-2004, 09:56 PM
lowering your car also messes up your windshield washer nozzles. It causes them to spray over the top of the car because the washer system still thinks that the windshield is higher up...

wtf??? :lol: :rofl:

BKKloppenborg
04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
wtf??? :lol: :rofl:

Ya what he said :wtf: Were did you hear that from?

carfreak
04-11-2004, 07:49 AM
the window is about $30 at the locak junkyard i go to because its from an old car. i paid only $35 for my aunt's Infinity J30 window. The installation should not be a problem, Its suprising it actually shattered. man...... if it were to happen to me, i would be fucking scared at that second it shatted.

Really?! I thought is was like going to be $90 for the window and another $90 for labor...

Chadroper
04-11-2004, 08:07 AM
:rofl: :rofl: I shut my door once when I first got the car I took it to get the front aligned. The passanger window shattered.

POS carb
04-11-2004, 08:22 AM
lol don't forget to align the exhaust gas sensors also b/c if you don't you will have excessive backpressure

<edit> jees I forgot to make this relevant... the window should only cost about $20 at the u-pick, that's what I paid for the front pass. side. <edit>

smufguy
04-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Really?! I thought is was like going to be $90 for the window and another $90 for labor...

its not that expensive, worse comes to worse, $40 the max. and labor? Dude, i would personally hunt you down and whoop your ass if you ask someone else to put it in. THere is a shop manual that u can download for FREE and u got the tools and its not rocket science to put in ur own damn window. :werd:

POS carb
04-11-2004, 10:28 AM
for real all you need is a phillips bit for the door panel removal and a 10mm ratchet to remove the two (yes 2) bolts that hold the window. Very easy DIY repair

carfreak
04-11-2004, 11:31 AM
i'm a doit yourself kind of man but i've never installed a power window window before. Plus i didn't want it to do what ever it did before again so i wanted a pro to look at it to see what went wrong too.

smufguy
04-11-2004, 03:12 PM
i am more than sure its just something minor, as in the motor got stuck, or the regulator pivot broke and the glass just shattered, or the base holder for the window itself gave way, Open up ur car and see how it looks like on the inside. Take a pic of it if possible, then hit the junkyard and do the same to another 3g and take a pic of it. Compare it and you will learn a lot. It has to be this way, unless you have someone who knows about a pwr window of a 3g near you to look at it and tell what went wrong right away.

87AccordsterLx
04-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Don't waste your money man... Just DIY. Once you get the panel off you'll see how easy it is to fix. If you can't figure it out just put the panel back on and make a decision.

"not like a rock" -> These cars are not Benzs man... We don't drive a BMW... It's just an Accord. That's what makes them so easy to work on.