PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 vtec from 94 swap?

rileyescobar
04-10-2004, 08:48 PM
can i fit the 2.2 vtec out of a 94 accord into my 89 lxi hatchback
if so how hard would it be?

Rendon LX-i
04-10-2004, 09:34 PM
With money its possible. I dont know why it would be not possible

wikkedv15
04-10-2004, 10:11 PM
it would almost be the same as swapping in the H22a into a 3g.. same concepts.. the h22a i think is a lil taller though.. but yeh..
it could be done.. the hardest part would be the custom mounts and axles.. the rest is up to ur imagination.. i actually wanna do this..
the b20a is a hard ass motor to find..well atleast the tranny is
so theres a F motor with its same stats
f22b dohc.. 160hp 148tq.. i wanna stuff that into a hatch.. oo yeah..

Elijah
04-11-2004, 04:02 AM
It's not worth the time and $. It is a really big job. You would be better off trying to boost or swap a B series motor in.

Project-LXi
04-26-2004, 03:59 PM
waste of time
waste of money

You might as well put in the H22A, which is also an unessesary waste of time and money.

NXRacer
04-26-2004, 04:08 PM
if you had used the SEARCH, you would have found this answer in a matter of seconds.

this motor is for all intents and purposes NOT swappable. There are too many factors that come into play that make it WAY too hard to do. There is such a big list that im not going to bother listing them here.

There are WAY better options then that one and they'll save you an ass load of money.

Turbo a20 - cheapest route, best HP for your money (check out www.accordcentral.com for more info)

b-series swap - not as powerful, more expensive, but TONS of aftermarket support.

k-roy
04-26-2004, 04:16 PM
it would almost be the same as swapping in the H22a into a 3g.. same concepts.. the h22a i think is a lil taller though.. but yeh..
it could be done.. the hardest part would be the custom mounts and axles.. the rest is up to ur imagination.. i actually wanna do this..
the b20a is a hard ass motor to find..well atleast the tranny is
so theres a F motor with its same stats
f22b dohc.. 160hp 148tq.. i wanna stuff that into a hatch.. oo yeah..

F22B is the JDM Dohc non VTEC, nice engine, basically an H22 without some of the nicer parts. They are the same physical dimensions. Shit the outer block is identical right down to the mounts. My two best friends from growing up each have a JDM F22B and a USDM H22A1. The mounts are the same. I can make a list of parts that are interchangeable but its a long list. Look for some H22 threads and you will see exactly how difficult it is. So far there are three members on this board that have attempted it, and as of this moment none has been successful.

HondaSi88
04-26-2004, 04:17 PM
i friend just put that engine in his 90 accord and it make a BIG difference!
go for it

k-roy
04-26-2004, 04:20 PM
go for it
That was a direct swap, I could do it in an afternoon. The CA (3G) and CB (4G) chassis are completely differant, meaning a lot of custom work needs to be involved. A turbo A20 or a B Swap would be 10X easier since all the parts are available.

NXRacer
04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
go for it
please refrain from posting if you do not know what the hell you're talking about.

thanks

AccordEpicenter
04-26-2004, 04:36 PM
GOOD LORD PEOPLE... FUCK N/A go TURBO

LOL F22 hahaha

smufguy
05-06-2004, 10:49 AM
F22 is heavier than my mom so yeah, its not worth it and its not a great engine anyway. I like Cast iron blocks, and i am sticking with one. :)

86LXItooFAST4me
05-06-2004, 11:54 AM
please refrain from posting if you do not know what the hell you're talking about.

thanks

"OOHH, YOU DIDNT KNOW??? YO ASS BETTA CALLLL SOMEBOODDYYY!!!"

HondaBoy
05-06-2004, 02:12 PM
personally i would say dont go with any engine thats over 2.0 liters. just a personal opinion. im looking either to just fix up my A20 or search for a B20, kinda want to see about a B20 from a CR-V. that'd be the cheapest find thats not in condition to need rebuild. anyway, you ought to check out what you can do to the A20, thats the easiest as far as swapping goes, no swap needed. that engine you have should be good to go.