PDA

View Full Version : cracked radiator housing...fix?

igell
04-11-2004, 07:14 PM
The top of the plastic radiator housing on my 88 accord is cracked. Is there some kind of a glue substance i can use to fill it in.. or do i need to replace the whole radiator... also, is it possoble to replace just the top plastic lid of the radiator? I really dont have the time to do this myself.. how much would it cost to repace the radiator at a shop?

Roadhouse
04-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Well, it can't be fixed. Had this same problem and that is the deal with plastic tanks on radiators. However, you should be able to pick one up at a junkyard for less than 35 bucks or at least you can around here. Where are you located? Is your car an auto or 5 speed. I have a good radiator for a 5 speed at my house that i have no use for that i would let ya have for $35+shipping. If you have an auto i will go pull you one and sell it to ya for $45+shipping. Just let me know if i can help you out.

neoblue89lxi
04-12-2004, 06:11 AM
get jb weld and fill it in. It worked perfect for me and the stuff only costs around 4 bucks.

igell
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
the car is an automatic... i'll let you know if i need one.. i am suppose to talk to someone today who might have one.

Will jb weld really work? it's a plastic radiator.... on another note.. what kind of an idiot came up with an idea to use plastic top for a radiator :mad: