PDA

View Full Version : How to make you air cold

Accord7SE_i
07-13-2002, 11:08 PM
That is simple. What you need to do is find a computer water culer taht you can fit inside of your intake pipe. Then you have to run a tube to some place on your car were it will not get damige by heat cover with plastic. This job is not for ever one. you need to then make shere to cut a hole in the computer water culer then tig weld for no leaks. Remeber it is a water cool that is for computers here not no big ass one ok. ts about the size of the inside of your palm. Good luck !

ps: never tryed it on any of my cars found it by pics and talk to people.

pimp86LX
07-14-2002, 06:34 AM
ya but...the air is moving a LOT faster through your intake than your computer..I don't think it would significan't cool the air...at leats not enough to make a difference

just get a CAI:flipa:

TeKKnoTeKK
07-14-2002, 11:17 AM
I have thought about integrating some type of hydrogen system into my intake system, I just don't know where to start lol.

jteuton
07-14-2002, 01:13 PM
This sounds like a really good idea however i can make sense of most of your post accord7se_i. Can you make it clearer what your talking about. What kind of water cooler. Do you have any links with info on this. I believe if you could have your intake pipe cold to the touch even with the engine completely warmed up it could be the difference in 10-20hp....

pimp86LX
07-14-2002, 01:24 PM
I thought he was talkin bout those liquid-cooled units you can get for memory of cpu. Its a neat idea keep workin at it!

Accord7SE_i
07-14-2002, 01:51 PM
you are right. That is waht im talking about.:flash:

A20A1
07-16-2002, 06:49 PM
I'm looking for an electric water pump to cool the intake manifold... the carb manifold has pipe fittings on it already so it should be easy to set up a mini radiator and fan with a pump.
I was opting for an adjustable thermal swithc to turn on the fan,
but it semmed like a waste since i could just flip it on manualy once the car had warmed up.

cool thing is you wont need to get a thermostat since the piping inside the manifold is pretty straight forward and temp of the water hopefully wont reach the opening temp of most thermostats.

bobafett
07-18-2002, 02:47 PM
ehehe, watercooling!!!

i uesed to run a watercooled system, i still would, but my system was integrated into a case..

i used to have a duron 650@1100 perfectly stable, however, i had to up the voltage from 1.65 up to 2.2 !!!!!\

i also had a 1000mhz tbird at 1550, but i blew it up when i put on the voltage mod and tried to put a temp probe on it! (i bet that sucker would have done 1650-1750 EASY with more juice!)

if you have any questions about evaporator, or bong or watercooling ideas, please talk to me. i may not know EVERYTHING, but i do have personal experience with this subject!

btw mine was perfectly stable, and very cool.

26degrees celcius when my cpu was idle!!! (that is COOOLD for an overclocked computer)

ps sorry for the OT rant/ :)